Twillight of Byzantium

I don't think I used any cities by RedAlert. Only Aions and my own work.

Oh! it says that still graphics were made by a lot of cool people and a certain Varwnos, you know ;).

Bloody hell, I've just installed it and tried it and I get a whole lot of civpedia errors. Is this meant to be installed in CivilizationIII\Conquests\Conquests instead of CivilizationIII\Conquests\Scenarios?

Edit: I tried moving it, it's the same. Apparently your civilopedia.txt and pediaicons.txt are screwed up… and the .biq has both the ToB and Middle Ages folders listed. :confused:

Are you sure you downloaded both parts and installed it correctly?

I don't seem to recall anyone else having that problem.

Yeap, I have… I'll delete all files and reinstall again tomorrow.

playing Ottomans was easy , though ı failed to have bombards in the siege of 1452 but ı had about 20 Ansar Warriors out of a total of 45 or so . To see it from the other way round , ı renamed probably everything in Turkish into other languages ( it would be unpatriotic , you know ) . Twice it took 90 or so turns to have victory within sight . Third time might have within 80 . All it takes is to give a few cities to other civs to have their units in the defence of "Istanbul and Edirne" ; as soon as the primary enemy (the Ottomans of the original version) get into grips with the Balkan States you are free to build up an amphibious force to roll up the islands and the trade posts . It is excellent ...

days later : was lucky to get those trade posts intact , managed 50 000+ points at turn 75

I'm loving playing as the Hospitallers... but its damn hard to actually conquer enough territory... I'm second on power and culture, but that's just because the 1st place is taken by the ottomans, who are like 700 points ahead of me, and I'm allied to them so I'm about the only civ that hasn't had to waste resources fighting unwinnable wars against them:)

Sounds interesting Sir Sam Vimes. I'd love to see a screenshot of that game, if you got one? :)

Sounds interesting Sir Sam Vimes. I'd love to see a screenshot of that game, if you got one? :)

Sure... I'm a bit busy with stuff for uni at the moment, so it hasn't progressed beyond that. I'll definitely be playing it at the weekend, so if I don't get back to you by then, I'll have a screenie on monday. Do you want to see the main screen or the victory status screen? Or both?

Screenies!!!

The main screen shows me about to attack Genoa's last outpost in the eastern Med.
If you look at the map, I'm the dark grey:

5 cities on islands off Turkish coast
1 city in the middle of Asia Minor
2 cities on Barbary Coast
2 cities on islands off North African coast south of Sicily
2 cities on southren coast of Greece

The second screenshot is of the power screen. You can see I'm second but miles behind the Ottomans (or should that be Ottomen?:crazyeye:). Funnily enough, it seems to think I'm the Latins, when I'm actually the Hospitallers...

I love the way a tiny scuffle turns into a major regional conflict. I attacked Genoa, when they invaded my territory in retaliation my MPPs with Papal States, Latins and Cyprus brought them in, then the Ottomans joined in on my side, then the Genoese brought in the Cicilians, then the Papal states brought in the Sienese, who brought in the Florintines...

I suffered a 'humiliating time defeat' after 3hrs, 37 mns...

Attachments

• screenshot 1.JPG
    screenshot 1.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 368
  • screenshot 2.JPG
    screenshot 2.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 111
Nice thanks. :)

The reason you are called the Latins, is because you share your score with the permanent allies.

I considered switching Kyriakos, but I haven't done so.

I haven't played or worked on this for a long time.

Nice thanks. :)

The reason you are called the Latins, is because you share your score with the permanent allies.

Ahhh... that makes sense. Thanks for making this scenario; its so damn good that right after my defeat I started a new game as Venice:) ... they're quite tactically interesting for the first 10 turns or so because their island colonies have very few troops and if you try to ship more to them they ships get attacked by pirates. I got ...wait for it... dragged into an
unwinnable war
against the Ottomans after 4 turns, so I'm trying to conquer a sizable chunk of the Balkans from them so that when i get treasure I can ship it back overland through my own territory. Clever, huh?

@Kyriakos:
I have a question:

Has anyone been using my medieval cities in this scenario?

I mean i know Yoda has secretly switched to them, but how about others?

I'm not using them in this, but I'm working on my own scenario at the moment and I came across your cities. They looked like exactly what I needed so i was wondering if it would be ok if I used them? :)

Ahhh... that makes sense. Thanks for making this scenario; its so damn good that right after my defeat I started a new game as Venice:) ... they're quite tactically interesting for the first 10 turns or so because their island colonies have very few troops and if you try to ship more to them they ships get attacked by pirates. I got ...wait for it... dragged into an against the Ottomans after 4 turns, so I'm trying to conquer a sizable chunk of the Balkans from them so that when i get treasure I can ship it back overland through my own territory. Clever, huh?

You just need more ships! It's not that hard to control the seaways as Venice. If it's a big problem you can always attack the pirates base in Ragusa.

Being at war with the Ottomans can suck pretty bad though. :/

You just need more ships! It's not that hard to control the seaways as Venice. If it's a big problem you can always attack the pirates base in Ragusa.

Being at war with the Ottomans can suck pretty bad though. :/

Its not actually the Pirates who are causing the probs; they're allied to me and in serious danger from the Ottomans, and miraculously the AI has decided that its better not to attack your allies with hidden-nation units (for a change...). Its pirate ships operating out of Hospitaller waters that are choking off my islands off the north-eastern coast and I can't afford a war with the Knights yet...

Its early days tho, I'm only on the 9th turn... and on the bright side this means the ottoman empire isn't too powerful yet, and pretty much everyone else is allied against them, so I reckon I have a shot at taking some of their western possessions:)

Once again:goodjob:

I haven't been this obsessed with a scenario since 'The Desert and the Mountain':)

Top Bottom