Unofficial Civ IV Expansion Announced:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. But then we need a new group of five civics, where the basic one should be a shorter version of something like "The world is what I see in the light of my camp fire" and the second or third "Flat Earth".

The new group coub be called Context or something and it would contain civics like:

Immediate surroundings
Flat earth
Geocentric
Heliocentric
We are small and insignificant

New Civic: Mass Emoism - requires Mass Media, -50% :gold: +10% :culture: (other civs wish to study your goth emo population, if only to make TV programs ridiculing them) -50% :science:, lose 1 population every turn in every city due to mass wrist-slashing. :) bonus for any civ without Mass Emoism.

The new group could be called Context or something and it would contain civics like:

Immediate surroundings
Flat earth
Geocentric
Heliocentric
We are small and insignificant

Or "We are stardust". Ok:

Immediate surroundings starting civic.
Flath earth req. anything more advanced than Fire.
Geocentric req. Mathematics.
Heliocentric reg. Astronomy.
We are small and insignificant req. Inferiority Complex or Sid Meier's Civilization.

Everything but Flat earth made obsolete by Anti-Globalization.

Clever. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

So what if I didn't? Are you cleverer?

Peng Qi said:
Yes, look at how something that hasn't ended yet will turn out. :rolleyes: There's some French military thinking for you: "It's hopeless! Everybody run!"

:lol: I'm sorry, but what is this but an ignorant remark? It's not about cutting and running. You can stay there for as long as you like, but you can't win. And that's because you guys used the wrong tactics and played your cards all wrong. Gone are the days when the Iraqi people were happy with being liberated. It's about your track record going down the drain. So much for American superiority.

Peng Qi said:
We owe a lot to Louis XVI, who the French people killed. The way I see it, we don't owe anything to the people who killed the guy who helped us.

So you forgot the likes of people like Lafayette, who were at the frontline of the struggle for democracy at that time? Why am I not surprised?

My point was moreso that the French of the late 1700's aren't the French of today. I don't owe modern French people anything, just like I don't owe reparations to families that had been enslaved. I wasn't there, I didn't do it.

The French do not owe you for WWII either, then. What goes around comes around.

Peng Qi said:
I was only responding in kind. He was making the same kind of pointless and unfounded attacks against another poster and I'm a staunch supporter of eye for an eye.

Pointless and unfounded? Right.

An eye for an eye for an eye.

By the way, I'm not French. I'm just a staunch supporter of the truth.

Peng Qi said:
The United States has an incredible military track record, by the way. We've lost one war ever: 1812 (unless you consider Vietnam a war, which it really wasn't, and even then we could have won if we didn't have a serious case of the hippies). The French are very hit-or-miss, and furthermore have a record of much more warmongering than the United States does.

Delusions. You think you could win in Vietnam and can do so in Iraq? So what if you kill more people? Does that amount to winning? The Germans killed a lot more Soviets, but what happened to them in the end?

Peng Qi said:
So the bottom line is this: jokes that make fun of the French are as acceptable as those against anyone else. :p There have been tons of anti-American jokes in this thread and none of the Americans did any complaining.

Are you sure these are jokes? Or are they ignorant statements based on a superficial view of history? And are you sure Americans don't complain about anti-American jokes? :lol:

The fact that this is a Civilization forum makes the ignorance more jarring.

So what if I didn't? Are you cleverer?
:rolleyes:
:lol: I'm sorry, but what is this but an ignorant remark? It's not about cutting and running. You can stay there for as long as you like, but you can't win. And that's because you guys used the wrong tactics and played your cards all wrong. Gone are the days when the Iraqi people were happy with being liberated. It's about your track record going down the drain. So much for American superiority.
"It's hopeless! We should just give up!" :rolleyes: You know most Iraqis are still happy with being liberated, right? Every single poll says that...you know that, right? Well, I guess you obviously don't. Some of the polls say they wish we'd leave, but none of them say they wish we'd never come.
So you forgot the likes of people like Lafayette, who were at the frontline of the struggle for democracy at that time? Why am I not surprised?
Oh yeah, and we owe the Germans so much for Von Steuben! :rolleyes:
The French do not owe you for WWII either, then. What goes around comes around.
I never said they did.
By the way, I'm not French. I'm just a staunch supporter of the truth.
As you see it.
Delusions. You think you could win in Vietnam and can do so in Iraq? So what if you kill more people? Does that amount to winning? The Germans killed a lot more Soviets, but what happened to them in the end?
We were winning in Vietnam. For a "staunch supporter of the truth," you sure don't know a whole lot of facts. We only lost because we left; we had changed strategies and the new one was working much better. If ultra-liberals weren't tying our hands and preventing us from actually invading North Vietnam, we could have ended it a lot sooner, too.
Are you sure these are jokes? Or are they ignorant statements based on a superficial view of history? And are you sure Americans don't complain about anti-American jokes? :lol:
None have so far on this thread. And yes, I'm pretty sure they're jokes.
The fact that this is a Civilization forum makes the ignorance more jarring.
Yes. Yes it does.

New Event: Your scientists have learned to calculate Pie! Effect: +1 :food: in all cities due to excess of pie.

Gentlemen... it is time for PM's if you would be so kind! :D

This is a FUN THREAD!! ;)

Immediate surroundings starting civic.
Flath earth req. anything more advanced than Fire.
Geocentric req. Mathematics.
Heliocentric reg. Astronomy.
We are small and insignificant req. Inferiority Complex or Sid Meier's Civilization.

Everything but Flat earth made obsolete by Anti-Globalization.

Correction:

Geocentric and Heliocentric made obsolete by Anti-Globalization, since the globe obviously only is needed for these.

:rolleyes:
"It's hopeless! We should just give up!" :rolleyes: You know most Iraqis are still happy with being liberated, right? Every single poll says that...you know that, right? Well, I guess you obviously don't. Some of the polls say they wish we'd leave, but none of them say they wish we'd never come.

Iraq as a stable democracy is not going to materialise. Personally, I wish it would, because I have no love Islamic fundamentalists, who will only gain from this affair. But just think for a moment - Is the Mission really going to be Accomplished? Do you know what persistence in trying something that doesn't work is called? That's right: Insanity.

Peng Qi said:
We were winning in Vietnam. For a "staunch supporter of the truth," you sure don't know a whole lot of facts. We only lost because we left; we had changed strategies and the new one was working much better. If ultra-liberals weren't tying our hands and preventing us from actually invading North Vietnam, we could have ended it a lot sooner, too.

Wow. You must be psychic or something? Did you consult some spirits of the dead on how the war would have turned out if your troops had stayed or if you had invaded the North? Do you consider the Tet Offensive a victory? Sure, you could kill 10 million Vietnamese at the cost of many more American lives than your country could stomach. You want to create a stable democracy there? Dream on. You wouldn't have accomplished your goal.

Peng Qi said:
None have so far on this thread. And yes, I'm pretty sure they're jokes.

Well, I've seen the sort of American you are. French-bashing is old and frankly not funny at all, based on the rightly defunct attitude of American post-WW2 superiority, something that you claim to have no share in. But, of course, you can't see your own hypocrisy.

You can say whatever you want now. But do make sure you know where the US is on the world map ;)

Iraq as a stable democracy is not going to materialise. Personally, I wish it would, because I have no love Islamic fundamentalists, who will only gain from this affair. But just think for a moment - Is the Mission really going to be Accomplished? Do you know what persistence in trying something that doesn't work is called? That's right: Insanity.
Hold on, I think I heard a relevant quote that I could use to respond to this with...oh, here it is! "Wow. You must be psychic or something? Did you consult some spirits of the [future] on how the war [will] turn out if [the] troops [stay]?"
Well, I've seen the sort of American you are. French-bashing is old and frankly not funny at all, based on the rightly defunct attitude of American post-WW2 superiority, something that you claim to have no share in. But, of course, you can't see your own hypocrisy.
I think everyone is fair game to be made fun of, and whether you think it's funny or not is a matter of personal opinion and not a matter of fact. Making fun of someone is not an indicator of believing yourself to be superior unless you're truly mocking them, which I don't think anyone here has done. It's all just playful teasing.
You can say whatever you want now. But do make sure you know where the US is on the world map ;)
I'd be willing to wager that I know more geography than you do.

I dont know why you are including me in that.... I only made 1 post about it and since then tried to get everyone to stop hijacking the thread.

No one is ever going to prove anything either way, it's just a case of making unfounded criticisms of nationalities back and forth.

A lot of people were disappointed with Beyond the Sword, sure it added a lot of new stuff but was it really what people were after?
Did it have Poland in it, or did it add a third German leader?
It added corporations. But where’s Macdonalds or Coca Cola or Jenny Craig?
The Apostolic Palace, gahh, that’s so 17th century Europe.
And the new AI? I thought it was supposed to be smarter and therefore harder. Sure. How come I’m still fighting Longbows with Modern Armor on Settler?

Well, I’m sick of it. I’m going to take the destiny of Civilization into my own hands and announce
Civilization IV: the Future of Tomorrow.

It will include countless new features. What I can announce so far are:

Four new difficulty levels:
  • Neanderthal *new* *French version only*
  • Hunter Gatherer *new*
  • Nomad *new*
  • Settler
  • Chieftain
  • Warlord
  • Noble
  • Prince
  • Monarch
  • Emperor
  • Immortal
  • Deity
  • Creator of God *new*

Just a quick two questions-

What's the point of a tech everyopne starts with?

And why add three difficulties even easier than the already very easy settler?

Hold on, I think I heard a relevant quote that I could use to respond to this with...oh, here it is! "Wow. You must be psychic or something? Did you consult some spirits of the [future] on how the war [will] turn out if [the] troops [stay]?"

You already are failing. It's not in the future. It's current.

Peng Qi said:
I'd be willing to wager that I know more geography than you do.

You really are psychic. I'm sorry if you think people from other countries must be more stupid than Americans. Really, what more is there to say to people like you?

Aelf... seriously, take it to PM's now.

This has nothing to do with the thread.

I wish to change a tech! Would you? Plxorrr? Free itam?

Mass Media:

Building: TV station

+2 :)
+1 :yuck: (all those fat guys in front of TV without cleaning the house...?)
+5% :culture: (maybe not..subject to changes!)
+10% :gold:
-25% :science:
-10% :hammers:

National Project: State's TV channel

+50% approval rate
-50% war weariness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom