[Utility] ModBuilder - Combat Units (beta)

whoward69

DLL Minion
A Java application for creating combat unit (eg Unique Units for new civilizations) XML and DDS files for inclusion into ModBuddy

NOTE: This app will not create civilian units - settlers, workers, great people, etc

NOTE: You will need Java 6 (1.6.0) or later correctly installed on your system to use this tool.

Download the ModBuilder.jar file and save it somewhere

To start the tool ...
... if Java is installed on the path, double-click "ModBuilder.jar",
... otherwise, from a command prompt, enter "{path_to_java}\java -jar ModBuilder.jar"

If the Unit's XML is not that expected, I really need both the XML generated AND the XML file that is the saved session for the unit.

If java is NOT on your path (which if you've done a web browser install it won't be), you'll need to execute java manually - which will depend on which java you have installed and where on your hard disk it is.

Start a Command Prompt window (Start menu, search/run, "cmd.exe")

For my (non-standard) locations of Java 6 (1.6.0_29) and Java 7 (1.7.0_25)

Code:
C:\Temp\ModBuilder>dir
 Directory of C:\Temp\ModBuilder
29/06/2013  08:36         5,340,088 ModBuilder.zip

C:\Temp\ModBuilder>rename ModBuilder.zip ModBuilder.jar

C:\Temp\ModBuilder>dir
 Directory of C:\Temp\ModBuilder
29/06/2013  08:36         5,340,088 ModBuilder.jar

C:\Temp\ModBuilder>c:\jre1.6.0_29\bin\java.exe -jar ModBuilder.jar
Application starts

C:\Temp\ModBuilder>c:\jre1.7.0_25\bin\java.exe -jar ModBuilder.jar
Application starts

I got it working now, thanks! Is there a way to create a unit that already has animations etc. I mean I want to use a unit that has been created by the civ community and all I want to do is add the xml files with your program.

I just updated JRE7 and am getting this error:

Code:
0 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG com.easypress.utils.xml.XmlBuilder  - XmlBuilder(org.
apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser, true)
98 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO com.easypress.utils.xml.XmlBuilderErrorHandler  - Doc
ument is invalid: no grammar found. at line 2, column 11
99 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO com.easypress.utils.xml.XmlBuilderErrorHandler  - Doc
ument root element "languages", must match DOCTYPE root "null". at line 2, colum
n 11
ADP: XPath Engine: org.jdom.xpath
168 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO com.easypress.utils.xpath.XpathHelper  - XPath Engin
e: org.jdom.xpath
168 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG com.easypress.utils.xpath.XpathHelper  - getElement
 for XPath: /languages/language
173 [AWT-EventQueue-0] DEBUG com.easypress.utils.xpath.XpathHelper  - Found: lan
guage
ERROR: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database (no such table: Language_en_
US)

The first 6 can be ignored, the last is saying that it can't find the default (English-US) language database - so the cache is either not where it's expected or the en_us database isn't available (now if only people bothered to fill in their location with a correct geographical entry ...)

It should be in "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache"

Um.. I downloaded,but no idea what to do...

installed -

the ModBuilder folder is in the desktop, but where is the start button?;;

I can't get the ModBuilder.jar to run. But i can run the ModTools.jar without problem.

I installed 64-bit java.

Both still run with the latest Java 1.8 jre, so, without full details, all I can suggest is that you've managed to corrupt the ModBuilder.jar file somehow

Both still run with the latest Java 1.8 jre, so, without full details, all I can suggest is that you've managed to corrupt the ModBuilder.jar file somehow

Hmm, i downloaded it from your website. I downloaded the zip file and then renamed it as ModBuilder.jar per your instruction. Can you upload it to another cloud storage too? (onedrive, gdrive, etc). Thanks.

Okay... so, all i need to do is play a game in Civ 5, because it searched for "Civ5 db" files in "My Games" folder. :lol:

(yes, it's already mentioned above, but i don't get it until now)

Top Bottom