Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

@Last skunk,

zappara has stated that the leaderpack/added Civs has Not been updated to 2.7. If you continue to use it you will continue to have problems. The Leaderpacks and the Added Civs are not updated to the Official 3.19 patch. Remove the those packs and try a regular game. If you still have problems then you may have to remove the Mod completely and reinstall.

@ dasvidania,

Do you still have "other" versions of RoM still in the BtS Mods folder? If you do then the ini cache is selecting from the "older" version. Or have you Renamed Rise of Mankind? This can cause problems too.

Both these problems have been discussed in the regular 2.7 discussion thread.

JosEPh :)

I thought I'd add another post just to try and offset some of the negativity I've been seeing following the official 2.7 release. I've been playing for over a week now, and I haven't had a single CTD, MAF, or stuck turn. The only issue I've noticed is the city info icons on the main screen, and Zappara has already pointed out that this is a known issue. So, for coming out with a mod that seems to work great for most of the players and is just packed full of new things to play with, I want to extend my thanks to Zap. Good job!

I'm not using any of the modmods at the moment, but I have to say, Vincentz's look really good. I like these small mods that contain only a few minor changes/additions to the game, rather than some of the more 'inclusive' modmods that other players have been adding. I'll probably try a game with the extra content in next. Is there a good way to set up a parallel copy of the mod with added content?

Yes.

Make a Folder in say My Documents, name it RoM or something like that. Unzip 2.7 into it. Then add the ModMods you like to the folder. Unzip and add to the 2.7 already there. Then when you want to try them out just copy /paste to the BtS Mods Folder. Of course be sure to keep a straight copy of 2.7 so that you can switch back when you want or need to. Remeber only 1 Rise of Mankind in the BtS Mods folder at a time.

*laughs* I was hoping for something that would require me flopping folders back and forth, but if that's what I've gotta do, that's what I've gotta do. Thanks for the advice, Joseph.

If you are trying out Vintcentz stuff you can just move the bits/folders between the modules and unloaded modules folders. This works pretty much for all the addons that are completely modular but some of the bits Jooyo's gamecore and some of AAranda's stuff also change the main RoM files so for them you would need to go with a back up copy like JosEPh II says.

I read or scanned each post in this thread and couldn't find anyone having the problem that I am experiencing. I have BTS, upgraded to 3.19, then installed ROM 2.7. The only other mod I had installed before upgrading was that I added Ronald Reagan as a leaderhead. My computer is Pentium D, 3.2 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS video card.

My problem is this: Every time I try to load a saved game during gameplay, the game crashes. I am guessing that there is a simple fix since no one seems to be having this exact problem. I am using a Huge map with 10 civs.

I've read through so many different possible mods to add to Civ 4 and, after three months, decided on this one. What I have seen of the mod looks great! I just hope someone can help me with the loading crashes because it's getting discouraging. I'm only at 2200 BC.

I have come across the dreaded 'stuck turn' that others are referencing. I don't know what is causing it - I can't see anything in the logs, but I don't know what to look for.

Attached find my save game and the log files, as per the FP. I've deleted a Civ or two to see if was a civ spawning thing, and I've disabled all wars. Both did not prevent the bug - but of course it could be a barb thing.

Gigantic map, marathon speed, early AD time frame. System is a 3.9Ghz, 64bit, 4gig system. Rebooting does not change the issue. Interface is still functional, can move around, reduce the leader list, and click the minmap. I have not had a single loading or crashing issue prior to the stuck turn.

BtS 3.19, RoM 2.7, no modmods, no addons. Any help would be appreciated...

@fox456
When I had that happen, it was on very large maps, and seemed to be limited to how much memory I had available. I'm hoping now that I run civ on a 64-bit system, the error will not reoccur - we will see.

Attachments

• Hans AD-0020.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • RoM_Error.zip
    376.7 KB · Views: 49
Some quick feedback after playing for a little bit, 2 things, both regarding civics.

1.) Athiest Religion. Why does it have 20% gold and science boosts? In an Athiest society how would money be made any more than a religous one, actually religous society would generate much more gold. And the science? Religion does not = people intolerant to science. I hope this civic is changed to be more acurate please and thanks.

2.) Liberal Society. First off, even in the civic description it acknoledges the fact that Liberal, is an ideology, and doesn't really fit in the society civic group, but rather would be much better in a new civic tree "Ideology" which there is already a topic on in the modmods forum. Also the unhappiness for not having Liberal is stupid, especially since it's an ideology, it really needs to be removed and if I had any skill in modifying files I would just remove the civic entirely.

I just want to quickly add, civics should be tweaked a little more IMO to be more balanced, I do however love the fact that civics add a lot more to gameplay than vanilla civ does. I suggest to Zappara to open a civic suggestion thread to streamline them more.

Now that I started typing I just can't stop, so I'm going to add this final thought. Maybe it's just me (I know the mod says to play it on marathon speed) but I usually like fast games so I play on quicker speeds, but this mod makes it so that you get SO much production and gold it's insane, so my question is, on longer speed settings such as marathon is the game more balanced and not so overpowered?

Thanks for reading and as usual I just want to say I don't mean any disrespect when I criticize things, and absolutly love this mod, thanks for reading.

Religion does not = people intolerant to science. I hope this civic is changed to be more acurate please and thanks.

I disagree. Perhaps, you are correct in saying that religious people are not intolerant toward science but in general, religion left to its ways without any checks and balances, does show significant indifference toward the progress of science.

(Note: I'm an atheist so don't be surprised if I'm a little biased. But I have good foundation to make the above criticism because I used to be a fanatic born-again fundamentalist Baptist before turning away from that and became the atheist).

I don't want to participate in atheism/religion debate.. but.. :rolleyes:
IMHO, the fact that religious people are indifferent toward science does not automatically assure that atheist society is more scientific than religious society.
Atheism and indifference toward science can co-exist in one society.

I don't want to participate in atheism/religion debate.. but.. :rolleyes:
IMHO, the fact that religious people are indifferent toward science does not automatically assure that atheist society is more scientific than religious society.
Atheism and indifference toward science can co-exist in one society.

Yes, but notice that this game, Civ 4, is not capable of flexibility as a real life sim as we would like it to be. But in generalizations that are not overly done so, I still stand by comment above. To give another example, with Democracy or Republic, not sure which, there is 50+ unhappiness with war. But historically, democracies had been few of most warmongering civs. Granted it is rare but it did happen. Therefore, my comment can be analogous with democracy civic as well.

In addition, there are other civics to consider as well. Though, one may play Atheist civic, it is entirely possible to play a civic that erase all science benefits as well.

Now that I started typing I just can't stop, so I'm going to add this final thought. Maybe it's just me (I know the mod says to play it on marathon speed) but I usually like fast games so I play on quicker speeds, but this mod makes it so that you get SO much production and gold it's insane, so my question is, on longer speed settings such as marathon is the game more balanced and not so overpowered?

Yes. If you take longer for buildings etc., you really have to plan ahead for the next benefit, they are not there for you if you want to build/research one.

Try "eternal speed", it's available by one of the modmods and adds a even slower speed then "snail" as well as a godsmaker level (above deity).
So, if you feel like it's too easy, there is your new challenge... ;-)

Okay, I never could figure out why religion actually nukes science. Now, Organized religion is not something that should penalize Science.
Oh, well. At least I make up that by the end of the Renaissance.

Still, the this mod works, it's getting harder and harder to get tanks before 1700. :(
Let alone future tech before 1900.
I don't need to penalize myself further, you know. :)

Any other civic changes I should be wary about?

About the BarbarianCiv mod: Is it intentional that when a minor civ evolves into a normal civ, you lose contact with it?

Game working fine for me...after the revolution fix and the gamefont fix that is :) I also hard-coded my own healing plant event fix ;)

Again I totally support a civic suggestion thread so we can streamline them more and make them more balanced.

Edit: Well I decided to make one, look in the main forums for my thread on civics.

EDIT: Oddly my stupid computer won't let me type anything in the thread box, so will someone please do the honors and make a civic thread as I cannot.

I used the thread title: ROM Civic feedback, suggestions, and overall balance thread. If anyone wants to use that title.

@ dasvidania,

Do you still have "other" versions of RoM still in the BtS Mods folder? If you do then the ini cache is selecting from the "older" version. Or have you Renamed Rise of Mankind? This can cause problems too.

Both these problems have been discussed in the regular 2.7 discussion thread.

I solved the problem opening war. After that all turns are ok. Mistery :)

Read all 12 pages, so I'm pretty sure this wasn't mentioned.

I've always had a habit of trying to get as many of the religous wonders as possible so at one point I go into a Golden age, to avoid the anarchy, and then switch religion 2-3 times, and build the wonders. Anyway, this is my first game since upping to 2.7, and I crash as my next turn starts after switching religion. If I don't switch it's fine. any idea? Seems to be only when i switch to Christianity.

Just playing a straight ROM 2.7 on BTS 3.19, no modmods.

2.7 test 2 crashes when I try to load it.

cr0ws,

2.7test2 was made with the Official 3.17 patch. If you've updated BtS to 3.19 the .dll are different and 2.7test2 will Crash.

Only 2.7 is 3.19 compatible. Thought you knew this already. :eek:

Top Bottom