VP Text & Tooltip Reports for all Users!

Looks like an oversight to me, they behave like forts which do not remove forests in vanilla but do remove forest in VP. I suppose, then, that Kasbah are meant to remove forests in the first place.
Kasbahs were designed with the idea that they don't remove any feature (at all) afaik.

Kasbah/Kunas/Brazilwood Camps/Polders do not remove features.
Ekis/Hacienda/Moais/Chateau/Feitorias/Terrace Farms/Encampments/Siheyuans/Ordos remove features.

I will make note of this in the Kasbah, Kuna, Brazilwood Camps, and Polders entry.

The rest are I think you guys know they remove features.

Last edited:
Version Number: 3.6.2
Screenshot/Key Words:
Civ5Screen0000.jpg
Suggestion: Mouse-over text suggests that Robert I Bruce (player) has the most original :c5capital:Capitals. This is false. Suleimon lost his :c5capital: Capital to Morroco's Ahmad al-Mansur. So, Ahmad controls the most original :c5capital: Capitals.
Not sure if this is a test problem or a Civ/VP bug.

Screenshot/Key Words:View attachment 663422Suggestion: Mouse-over text suggests that Robert I Bruce (player) has the most original :c5capital:Capitals. This is false. Suleimon lost his :c5capital: Capital to Morroco's Ahmad al-Mansur. So, Ahmad controls the most original :c5capital: Capitals.
Not sure if this is a test problem or a Civ/VP bug.
GitHub issue since I don't know what's being handled here... maybe Robert I Bruce (you) have vassalized a couple of Civilizations...?

Screenshot/Key Words:
View attachment 663424
Suggestion: This message's phrasing is awkward and distracting.
I mean that's just someone needing to rephrase it and it'll get pulled. I'm not really interested in those type of things.

Splash damage from Chu-Ko-Nu (and possibly from all units doing splash damage) doesn't seem to affect units in cities/citadels. I don't think it is mentioned anywhere.

Wire Service and other building of the same type.
The text is not clear :
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture in City for every City-State Friend, and additionally +1 :c5science: Science for every Ally.
It would be better:
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture in City for every City-State Friend or Ally, and additionally +1 :c5science: Science for every Ally.
  • or +1 :c5culture: Culture in City for every City-State at least Friend, and additionally +1 :c5science: Science for every Ally.

Choosing belief made easier (your "AI" will recommend 3 based on your start and all that)
You must really love these beliefs huh India?
Disabled by default if you disable basic tooltip help in your options.
Score visibility also disabled. Modders would need to enable it in a boolean in ChoosePantheonPopup.lua and ChooseReligionPopup.lua for them to work.

Last edited:

Choosing belief made easier (your "AI" will recommend some based on your start and all that)
You must really love these beliefs huh India?
Disabled if you disable basic tooltip help in your options.
Nice seeing they're actually prioritizing "yields on growth" beliefs instead of de-prioritizing now. Council of Elders could have a non-zero score now that their religion actually spreads automatically. I wonder if it works on owned cities on founding.

I'm not really sure that giving each belief a score is a good idea.
Because it will ruin your experience since you're getting spoiled by the game.

This stuff is supposedly decided by the player to figure out which belief is the best for them and not let the game dictates it.
If you insist on adding this "QoL," I suggest hiding the score and replacing it with a vague description instead, like "Recommended," "Great," "Good," etc.

This stuff is great for developing beliefs, that's for sure.

Version: 3.6.2
Screenshot/Key Words:
Civilopedia Building Beliefs.png

Suggestion: While I wouldn't say the belief summaries under building beliefs like "Orders" is completely useless--it does, after all, indicate that the belief enables the purchase of a structure with faith--I'd say it's nearly useless in its current state. It would be helpful if either (a) the building information displayed in the corresponding entry in the "Buildings" section is also displayed here, or (b) users could click on the word "Orders" in the description to be taken to that entry.

IMO, (a) is more useful for people who want to look through the civilopedia to compare beliefs when they don't have the "Found a Religion" menu available (I do this sometimes.)

Screenshot/Key Words:
The "Council of Elders" belief states that its bonuses "scale gradually" based on the number of cities following the religion.
Suggestion: What exactly does "scaling gradually" mean in this context?

Screenshot/Key Words:
The "Council of Elders" belief states that its bonuses "scale gradually" based on the number of cities following the religion.
Suggestion: What exactly does "scaling gradually" mean in this context?
The formula is too complicated to be put into words. All I can say is that it's not linear.

Esprit de Corps : When you conquer a City, gain [...] and a temporary 40% boost to & in every city scaling with the conquered city's population.

How long is 'temporary' and how does it scale with the conquered city's population?

Esprit de Corps : When you conquer a City, gain [...] and a temporary 40% boost to & in every city scaling with the conquered city's population.

How long is 'temporary' and how does it scale with the conquered city's population?
:c5citizen:/2 *InstantYieldModifier, with the minimum being 1.

So a 4 population will give you 2 turns of a 40% boost.

Version: 3.6.2
Screenshot/Key Words:
View attachment 663622
Suggestion: While I wouldn't say the belief summaries under building beliefs like "Orders" is completely useless--it does, after all, indicate that the belief enables the purchase of a structure with faith--I'd say it's nearly useless in its current state. It would be helpful if either (a) the building information displayed in the corresponding entry in the "Buildings" section is also displayed here, or (b) users could click on the word "Orders" in the description to be taken to that entry.

IMO, (a) is more useful for people who want to look through the civilopedia to compare beliefs when they don't have the "Found a Religion" menu available (I do this sometimes.)
"The resource just isn't there yet." We can't do this since it won't reflect the building when you Civilopedia "Order" and "Orders." If you civilopedia the singular form, you get the building. If you civilopedia the plural form, you get the belief.

Wire Service and other building of the same type.
The text is not clear :
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture in City for every City-State Friend, and additionally +1 :c5science: Science for every Ally.
It would be better:
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture in City for every City-State Friend or Ally, and additionally +1 :c5science: Science for every Ally.
  • or +1 :c5culture: Culture in City for every City-State at least Friend, and additionally +1 :c5science: Science for every Ally.
Just gonna word it like how a resourcetype would word it.
:c5citystate: City-State Friend Bonus: +1 :c5culture: Culture each.
:c5citystate: City-State Ally Bonus: +1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5science: Science each.

Top Bottom