War At Sea In The Ironclad Age, 1850-1889

I looked up the model but the description only says "A ship modeled after an ironclad warship (an ancestor of a battleship) around 1880."

Ares and Kirejara, thank you both for your answers (and Ares of course for sugestions about that ship and all the sounds you have added to Delta´s ships). :)

The HMS Inflexible, I think yes this is it, and Kirejara has won that ship quiz. :)

@timerover51's return ( :goodjob: ) inspired this bit of playfulness; the "prizes" are every bit as imaginary as 5 of the names listed below; and I'm trusting that @Delta_Strife won't terribly mind a one post thread-jacking ( :mischief: )

All that being said, I've always been mildly intrigued by the number of Royal Navy ships with names beginning with the letter, "I." So here's a list of ten - but only 1/2 of them have ever flown the White Ensign ... Any ("silent") guesses? -
  1. Icicle
  2. Impeccable
  3. Imprecation
  4. Impregnable
  5. Imprimatur
  6. Impulsive
  7. Incinerator
  8. Inconceivable
  9. Inconstant
  10. Insolent
:popcorn:

Alright, Oz, I will bite. I will go with Imprecation, Imprimatur, Incinerator, Insolent. I am not sure about the final one, but I think that it might be Impeccable.

Alright, Oz, I will bite. I will go with Imprecation, Imprimatur, Incinerator, Insolent. I am not sure about the final one, but I think that it might be Impeccable.

Hmm, I got four out of five as not being the names of His/Her Majesty's Ships. I missed with Inconceivable.

Hmm, I got four out of five as not being the names of His/Her Majesty's Ships. I missed with Inconceivable.

Yes, but I'm nonetheless waging that, grading on a curve, you'd still get an "A" :D

I have been reading through some of the volumes of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Navies during the Civil War, and some of those ship names are quite interesting. Delta Strife would have a llot of fun trying to model them. If it floated, it was used.

Top Bottom