What God wants:

Chandrasekhar

Determined
Take it as axiomatic that God exists (I don't want to debate about that here). What does (would) he want? As I understand it, Christians have a pretty specific list of stuff that God wants. Atheists might have their own ideas about what a good should want, and agnostics could have their ideas about what God might want. I also expect some of the stuff that different major religions believe their Gods want could also be discussed here. Even liberal and conservative Christians might have some stuff to talk about.

I don't have much of an opening statement. I might start composing one, but until then, feel free to talk of the will of God, hypothetical or otherwise.

Nothing, given it's omnipotence (if that characteristic is assumed true)

A new lightning bolt holder.... a "this season" flaming chariot?

God wants us to grow in wisdom, knowledge, and fellowship. And he himself is the source of all of those qualities.

God would want us to be whatever we want, he wants democracy!

Why?

God wants us to grow in wisdom, knowledge, and fellowship. And he himself is the source of all of those qualities.
He'll be delighted when we finally stamp out religion then. That's probably what he's waiting for tbh.

(Agnostic)

Its hard to say what god might want. Either he could be a loving, caring god, a sadistic, tormenting god, or a god that really doesn't care.

Any of a number of things. Me personally, I think he might be more on the apathetic side.

He'll be delighted when we finally stamp out religion then. That's probably what he's waiting for tbh.
Thats the most rediculous thing I have ever heard (and perhaps close to CurtSibling's idea of eradicating religion). God would be disapointed if religion is stamped out.

God wants us all to worship him and be peaceful and loving of each other.
Most defenately agree :).

Thats the most rediculous thing I have ever heard (and perhaps close to CurtSibling's idea of eradicating religion). God would be disapointed if religion is stamped out.
Are parents dissapointed when their kids realize that Santa is a myth, or satisfied that their children are growing up?

Are parents dissapointed when their kids realize that Santa is a myth, or satisfied that their children are growing up?
Yes, parents will be disappointed if their kid found out that Santa is a myth. Also, there are adults roo whom still believe.

Assuming a flawless God, and puffing up humanity's ego a little more: he might just be testing out souls as potential companions.

Let the tomatoes fly.

Yes, parents will be disappointed if their kid found out that Santa is a myth. Also, there are adults roo whom still believe.

What, you don't see it as a mark of progress that the kid has developed the inquisitive nature, deductive skill, and sense of scale to figure out how infeasible the mythos of St. Nick is?

What, you don't see it as a mark of progress that the kid has developed the inquisitive nature, deductive skill, and sense of scale to figure out how infeasible the mythos of St. Nick is?
No, I dont see it as what you call a mark of progress. I see it as a child who loses his or her imagenation and become quite dull and less creative and less abstract in their imagenation and creativity.

I hope God would want His children to be Happy first and formost.

I wonder why he'd care really. Humans being very insignificant for one thing.

Take it as axiomatic that God exists (I don't want to debate about that here). What does (would) he want?

Are you also assuming that this "god" entity exists uniquely?

God wants us all to worship him

Wouldn't that be a sign of senility, feebleness, or general lack of self-esteem? A confident omnipotent being would have no need for worship. Of course, if you want to presuppose a bickering and insecure deity, that's fine with me too.

AlCosta said:
God wants us all to worship him and be peaceful and loving of each other.

Then He is doing a very bad job, IMHO. And It must be a He because I believe a woman would have done a much better job.

Top Bottom