Which movies have you seen lately? Kinetic Icon VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I yesterday saw Valley of the Wolves: Iraq, which I found highly entertaining, despite obviously being ultranationalist Turkish propaganda in the same vein the Rambo films are US ultranationalism.

Just saw The African Queen.

Oh. My. God.

I can't decide if Rosewood lane is terrible or great. It's almost bad enough to qualify as the "bad movie" genre (like pool boy, posted earlier about, or one of my favourite films of all time The Room), but it's also too serious at times/too legitimate.

and it's actually suspenseful sometimes to me (it's a thriller) but other times it's the funny slasher type of ridiculous.

I can't classify it, this is quite odd.

Just saw The African Queen.

Oh. My. God.
You never saw it before? I hope you rate it agree that it's a good one.

Anyway, among a huge assortment of movies that aren't really worth mentioning, the latest one I have seen is Our Town. (1940) 6/10. The sound quality was awful, but I did enjoy recognizing Uncle Billy from It's a Wonderful Life. Also, having read the book, I do realize that the ending was "Dinseyfied", but it wasn't too bad. Still, it seemed like it pulled the ending straight out of the Wizard of Oz.

Die Another Day (2002). The first half of the movie was pretty good... except for the theme song, anyways. Madonna really took a crap on this. The Mickey Blue Eyes-meets-Robocop character didn't make for a very good Bond villain. The movie goes downhill pretty rapidly once he makes his appearence about half way through. Halle Barry is not very convincing in her role. And where the hell are my Russians? Can't we at least pretend they're still evil? The least of the Brosnan Bond films, IMO. 4/10

In yours and in everybody's, son.

You never saw it before? I hope you rate it agree that it's a good one.

I don't see why that movie was any good (other than it having famous actors in it).

I preface this by saying that I watched this movie a long time ago (so my memory is a little hazy), but the one thing that really stuck out to me was how overrated this movie was. The plot was boring and silly. The acting wasn't that great either. Personally, I think that if you swap out the Hepburn and Bogart and have lesser known actors give the same performance, nobody would remember this movie.

I saw source code. was decent to good, but I think that the end was bad. Kinda meh in retrospect.

I preface this by saying that I watched this movie a long time ago (so my memory is a little hazy), but the one thing that really stuck out to me was how overrated this movie was. The plot was boring and silly. The acting wasn't that great either. Personally, I think that if you swap out the Hepburn and Bogart and have lesser known actors give the same performance, nobody would remember this movie.

Yeah, it has some of the best acting and best chemistry I have ever seen.

Home Alone 2. It was okay. But it's amazing how one of the scenes that was filmed just for a special effect ended up standing out so much to me 20 years after it was filmed.

los cronocrimenes aka Timecrimes.

It's everything I've ever wanted in a movie (at least for the right movie watching "mood"). It's characters are simple competent and real, the plot is straightforward if you aren't in the mood for more artsy scifi film like Primer, doesn't do anything wrong, and has great pacing and direction. It's a time loop movie for those curious. I also absolutely loved some of the small details that the movie points out.

I was thoroughly satisfied, 10/10.

Skyfall. Again. But in English this time. I just needed to. ;)

And God it is as worthy as the first time. 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom