Which movies have you watched? ' --not an iota of bad movies; but maybe bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend i was dragged to cinema to watch the last secuel of Pirates of the Caribbean. Biggest pile of crap i have ever seen. Confusing, full of nonsensical action and CGI, lots of meaningless characters, silly dialogues, silly argument, bad acting, boring, stupid, noisy, dizzy... In two words: utter garbage. If this is representative of current state of cinema for kids and youngsters i fear for the future of humanity.

After rewatching the first two seasons and remembering how great of a show it was I finally got around to season 3 of Twin Peaks. Seems quite different, while the first two seasons felt very familiar, like you're home the new season is very distanced and alien, at least to me. Liking it so far, we'll see how it goes.

I was saddened to see that a couple of the original cast members weren't coming back. Noticeably sheriff Truman, from what I've read he was supposed to come back and even started preparing for the role but then backed out without explanation. What's up with Lara Flynn Boyle? Haven't seen her in anything in ages and decided to give google a shot. I could barely recognize her, she's seems like she's either very sick or completely destroyed her face with plastic surgeries, probably both.

Which makes it strange that they have H.Truman supposedly being in the show, and sick, and his brother (who bizarrely is sheriff in his place) calling him. I suppose at some point H will die, without being in the show other than as a gimmick.

Yes, LFB had plastic surgeries. A pity, she looked great.

This weekend i was dragged to cinema to watch the last secuel of Pirates of the Caribbean. Biggest pile of crap i have ever seen. Confusing, full of nonsensical action and CGI, lots of meaningless characters, silly dialogues, silly argument, bad acting, boring, stupid, noisy, dizzy... In two words: utter garbage. If this is representative of current state of cinema for kids and youngsters i fear for the future of humanity.

I stopped watching after the second one. The first one was pretty good, then they all got confusing and nonsensical.

I stopped watching after the second one. The first one was pretty good, then they all got confusing and nonsensical.

The first one is one of my favorite sailing based movies, up there with Master & Commander and Captain Ron. The squeals just got progressively more nonsense and seemed to forget how they originally set up these characters. I kinda enjoyed Pirates 4 because they dropped off most of the main cast, but didn't think it was that good. Enjoyable in the same sense as some boring sitcoms can have the occasional not terrible episodes.

Also, I never understood why the Pirates films always treated Pirates as some kind of race or ethnic group.

If this is representative of current state of cinema for kids and youngsters i fear for the future of humanity.
I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World last night and I was surprised to find out that somehow it didn't break even. :/
understood why
Back in the '80s we also had the druids. ;)

I rewatched the Beverly Hills Cop series yet again.

1 and 2 are definitely two of my favourite movies. The humour and pacing is perfect.

I also watched Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke for the first time last week. While aesthetically pleasing, I found only Princess Mononoke had a coherent story (and that one thus ends up my favourite out of the three).

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is surprisingly packed with dynamism and though it has some awkward turns, it's a quite good and thoroughly enjoyable film.

I rewatched the Beverly Hills Cop series yet again.

1 and 2 are definitely two of my favourite movies. The humour and pacing is perfect.

I also watched Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke for the first time last week. While aesthetically pleasing, I found only Princess Mononoke had a coherent story (and that one thus ends up my favourite out of the three).

You might like Nausica of the valley of the wind :)

No, Nausicaa as in the Greek Nausicaa, not that that one and the film have anything to do, it's just a really pretty name.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is surprisingly packed with dynamism and though it has some awkward turns, it's a quite good and thoroughly enjoyable film.
I… gotta pee on that.

Trainspotting. Still 10/10.

I gave London Has Fallen a go. It was not what I was expecting which is a pleasant surprise. Nicely filmed, plot is surface-level but enjoyable, and the casting is alright. I'd give it a shot if you like action films.

Pîrates of the Caribbean 5.

Avoid at all costs.

Animal Kingdom.

Nice Australian crime movie. I enjoyed it.

96% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Watched Baywatch in the movies with a friend. It was very dumb but also funny. More entertaining than Alien: Covenant and Wonder Woman.

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)

Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor

I liked it.

Though apparently...
Tennessee Williams was reportedly unhappy with the screenplay, which removed almost all of the homosexual themes and revised the third act section to include a lengthy scene of reconciliation between Brick and Big Daddy. Paul Newman, the film's star, had also stated his disappointment with the adaptation. The Hays Code limited Brick's portrayal of sexual desire for Skipper, and diminished the original play's critique of homophobia and sexism. Williams so disliked the toned-down film adaptation of his play that he told people in the queue, "This movie will set the industry back 50 years. Go home!"
...the industry caught up in 2008.

Wait, what happened in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom