Worldbreak destroyed palace

backblast

Chieftain
Relative newbie to FFH2. I am playing my third game. Lots of fun and flavor. Thanks to Kael and his team.

Question: current game I am playing as the Illians on a map with primarily evil Civs, patch k. Recently, I mysteriously lost my palace. I *think* it was due to the Sheaim Worldbreak spell (I was at war with them). Should that be possible? In BTS I am accustomed to seeing the "fire destroys your theater" event but I don't recall seeing a message that my palace was lost. It took me several turns to figure out why my economy ground to a halt. Finally I realized all of my cities were paying colonial maintenance.

That's interesting... IIRC Worldbreak only touches units, not buildings. Could you please tell me if you saw a message like: "The Sheaim (or 'a player') have (or 'has') casted Worldbreak", whether you know for sure the Sheaim are in the game, a save game file just before you think your palace was lost, a screenshot of your former capital city, and whether you are playing vanilla Fall from Heaven (Kael's version), or one of the modmods (Fall Flat, Fall Further, Rise from Erebus, Orbis, etc.)?

I haven't run afoul of Worldbreak in a while, but iirc it not only damages units but also can destroy buildings and improvements. The higher the AC, the greater the chance something will break. As long as you have at least four cities you can rebuild your palace.

why not? a (small - i guess) chance to lose your palace due to Worldbreak seems flavourful at last.
sure this hurts alot because maintenance costs will rise, you lose your mana for a moment and other boni like reduced war weariness etc. for a while.

Losing your palace to a spell sucks, but I think Worldbreak is supposed to suck.

why not? a (small - i guess) chance to lose your palace due to Worldbreak seems flavourful at last.
sure this hurts alot because maintenance costs will rise, you lose your mana for a moment and other boni like reduced war weariness etc. for a while.

Or increased WW if you're Elohim.

Anyway, most of my games the Sheaim use Worldbreak at 10-20 AC, which only damages units slightly. One game I played the Sheaim were I used worldbreak at 100 AC, and I wasn't impressed.

That's interesting... IIRC Worldbreak only touches units, not buildings. Could you please tell me if you saw a message like: "The Sheaim (or 'a player') have (or 'has') casted Worldbreak", whether you know for sure the Sheaim are in the game, a save game file just before you think your palace was lost, a screenshot of your former capital city, and whether you are playing vanilla Fall from Heaven (Kael's version), or one of the modmods (Fall Flat, Fall Further, Rise from Erebus, Orbis, etc.)?

I don't have any mods-- FFH2 + patch k. Unfortunately I don't have a save pre and post. I've attached a pre save (at turn 413) and a post auto save (at turn 416). I realize this may be not be what you are looking for...

Later replies do seem to suggest this possible.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0416.CivBeyondSwordSave
    522.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Save_AD-0413.CivBeyondSwordSave
    500.2 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom