Resource icon

Ancient European Axemen 2016-10-05

Ancient European Axemen

Ok, here's some units I created for my mod, Cultural Diversity (which is a flavour modpack focussing on more realistic graphics - no rules or gameplay modified).

Pictures (click to enlarge) :

They'll be appearing in the next version of Cultural Diversity, or you can get them early here! :p This pack includes Gaulish, Germanic and Slavic axemen. I have created variations of each unit (different shields, clothing, hair) for more diversity - as can be seen in the screenshot.

I created these units by modifying Firaxis models and creating some custom models of my own. Then I created some nice new textures with some Photoshop magic. ;) Some of the textures are 256x256, but they can be resized to 128x128 if you wish. It shouldn't make too much difference. The models polycounts are also civ-friendly. :)

All of the units use the animations and XML of the Sumerian Vulture unit found in BTS.

Spoiler Other Notes :
Firaxis models used:

Heavy Swordsman (body) from the Charlemagne scenario.
Warrior (head)
Scout (head)
Celtic Warrior (axe)

Custom models used:

Germanic Axe (originally created for my Rohan units)
Round Shield (originally created for my Celtic Spearman unit)

All of these units have been created "properly" so there shouldn't be any heads coming detached or animation bugs. :p If you need help implementing these into your game, there's plenty of XML tutorials on this site.

If you find anything wrong with them, please post in the thread. All suggestions are welcome! :p

Thread!

If you use these and publish them with your own mod, please give me some credit. :thumbsup: I make these for my own satisfaction, but I upload them here because I like sharing with you guys. ;)

Thanks, enjoy. :D
  • thumbnail_5V0.jpg
    thumbnail_5V0.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 197
Author
Chuggi
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings