Resource icon

Animating Helicopter in Nifskope and Nifviewer 2016-10-05

Videotutorial

Here's thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6503749

This tutorial covers some basics of using NifViewer and Nifskope, it might be helpfull for people starting to animate things in nifviewer and nifskope

I don't have mic - so i leave comments here:

1. Open in Nifviewer Gunship (the one Firaxis uses) and than press Add File and open the file you want to add.

2. Drug and drop :Ninode Scene Root" to proper ninode in orginal model - in this case it'll be Ninode "Dammage Body Geometry". Delete what's left from Add file - the model is animated.

3. Scale unit and move it to fit the position of propellers (I checked earlier what value i should enter - so i just typed the correct number).

4. Scale and move the unit. You should rember two things - rear propeller you can move only on Z axis (looking from front of the model in left/right direction). Top propeller you can move only on Y axis (Top/bottom direction). Scalling the top propeller causes to move it (it's what happens in this case also). It's why i like to use Nifskope for it - it draws axis. The middle of top propeller needs to be directly on the Y axis - so top view and move propeller until it'll be in the midle.
Author
asioasioasio
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from asioasioasio

Top Bottom