1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Builders Mod V0.9

Up to 4 new Builder units unlocked through the technology tree.

1. MaJoR of CHAOS
    Starting Builder Unit
    Ancient Builder.PNG
    Late Game Builder Unit
    Modern Builder.PNG

Builder Improvements
    Features:
    • An Ancient Builder, A Medieval Builder, An Industrial Builder and a Modern Builder can all walk up to that one barbarian. You know what happens next:badcomp:.
    • The Builders get progressively better and Consequently more expensive.
    • You can upgrade the Builder unit into the next one with gold
    For a detailed list of Features check here
    Spoiler :

The builder units themselves
    Ancient Builder: is the exact same as the normal builder. 2 Base Moves, 3 Build Charges(unless your china in which case 4), Cost 50 and plus 4 for every builder built e.g First builder costs 50 the second costs 54 and so on.
    Medieval Builder: 3 Base Moves, 4 Build Charges, Cost 64 and the same increase per builder.
    Industrial Builder: 5 Base Moves, 6 Build Charges, Cost 72 and the same increase per builder.
    Modern Builder: 8 Base moves including what ever other changes to travelling across sea tiles and what not have been introduced with the unlocking of new techs/civics, 9 Build Charges, Cost 80 and the same increase per builder, Base sight range increased to 3.

Unit upgrades: The Ancient Builder upgrades to the Medieval Builder which upgrades to the Industrial Builder which upgrades to the Modern Builder.

Issues:
    • It is impossible to allow all the builders to build roads. Not a worry because I have another mod which allows: Settlers to build roads
    • I haven't had a chance to update all of the art artdefs.
    • In order to fix the Icons you have to actually copy over the original game files so until there is a workaround you might see something like this but it still works fine
    Confused art assets.PNG
    • I haven't checked but I'm expecting China's Leader Ability to be broken I'll hopefully be able to fix that in the next patch if not i'll give them a new ability.
    Credits:
    Co-Author: MarkSullivan
    Contributions: Fixed china's leader ability and fixed most of the broken artdefs.
    [/spoiler][/spoiler]
    GabrielFM07 likes this.

Recent Updates

1. Version 0.9: Bug Fixes