This mod enables experience gain for air units through missions. In addition
routes can now be bombed by air units if there are no improvements on the same
tile. When bombing cities the experience gain will lessen as the defenses of
the city are taken down. When attacking units more experience is gained when
the unit being attacked is killed. A new tag has been added to the route info
structure that mirrors the functionality of the <iAirBombDefense> tag in the
improvement info structure.
1) Unzip this into the "bts_install_folder\Mods\" folder.
2) Open the CivilizationIV.ini configuration file
3) Change the Mod line to read: Mod = Mods\Air Combat Experience
4) Load the game.
5) Then play as normal.
- Routes (roads and railroads) can now be destroyed by air units
- Air units gain experience when successfully bombing improvements
- Air units gain experience when successfully bombing routes
- Air units gain experience when successfully bombing cities
- Air units gain experience when successfully attacking units though the
experience gain is much higher when destroying the unit.
- No mans land can now be bombed.
-----Notes to Modmakers-----
If you want to use the Air Combat Experience in your mod I have tried to make
things as easy as possible for you. In the XML files modified sections are
<!-- Air Combat Experience Start -->
<!-- Air Combat Experience End -->
In the SDK files I have added // < Air Combat Experience Start > and
// < Air Combat Experience End > in all of the places that I have made changes to
the original files.
The python included is only used to tweak the configurable values for the mod.
If this mod is to be included in a mod like BUG, etc. then care should be taken
to make sure that tweaking the configurable options is ported to host mod.
As part of the changes to the SDK files I have also exposed several new methods
to python, they are:
-----Version Information-----Code:bool isRouteDestructionThroughAirBombs() const; bool setRouteDestructionThroughAirBombs(bool bNewValue); bool isExperienceGainByDestroyingImprovements() const bool setExperienceGainByDestroyingImprovements(bool bNewValue); bool isExperienceGainByDestroyingRoutes() const; bool setExperienceGainByDestroyingRoutes(bool bNewValue); bool isExperienceGainByAttackingCities() const; bool setExperienceGainByAttackingCities(bool bNewValue); bool isExperienceGainByAttackingUnits() const; bool setExperienceGainByAttackingUnits(bool bNewValue); bool isBombNoMansLand() const; void isBombNoMansLand(bool bNewValue);
- Added configuration option allowing modders to set if no mans land can be
bombed. Default value is set to true.
-----===Credits & Thanks===-----
- Exavier - Composite Mod - readme.txt format
- PsiCorps - for the idea and testing this mod
[BtS] Air Combat Experience 2016-10-05
[BtS] Air Combat Experience