1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Female Merchants 2016-10-05

Female Merchants

1. SaibotLieh
    The next addition to my Great People Female Versions project. These units can be used to replace the normal (male) great merchants. The ancient unit is a female traveling merchant, her polycount (together with the camel) is 1770 triangles.
    The modern merchant is intended to be a fashion designer of the second half of the last century, but in the end she can be anybody who earns a lot of cash. Because walking is for the poor she has a nice cabriolet. The model for the car was the Ford Mustang Convertible 1965, but of course the real thing looks much better. ;) The price for the car is among other things a rather high polycount for the unit of 2200. To make the car leave a trail add under the ShadowDef entry of the unit in the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml this trail definition:
    Code:
    			<TrailDefinition>
    				<Texture>Art/Shared/wheeltread.dds</Texture>
    				<fWidth>1.0</fWidth>
    				<fLength>180.0</fLength>
    				<fTaper>0.0</fTaper>
    				<fFadeStartTime>0.2</fFadeStartTime>
    				<fFadeFalloff>0.35</fFadeFalloff>
    			</TrailDefinition>

As always, both units come with buttons and all animation files that are necessary.

Go to http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14749 for the newest version of these units.

Credits:

Walter Hawkwood - I used his Mercedes Benz model as basis for my Mustang.

Images

1. female_merchants01_41O.jpg
    2. female_merchants02_26Y.jpg
    3. female_merchants03_yiv.jpg