Resource icon

HOWTO: Adding Resource and Linking Discussion Thread in Resource Manager

Our new Resource Manager has a useful discussions feature that makes it easy to link to a related forum thread for the file entry. In this post I will discuss how it works for new Civ6 file entries as well as option available for existing file entries.

1) For Civ6 Files

All Civ6 file categories in the Resource Manager have been configured to auto create related discussion thread in the relevant file forum. When you have a new file to post for Civ6, just pick a file category to post in and the discussion thread will be created and linked to automatically. On the file entry page, you will see a "Discussion" tab added next to "Overview" and "Version History". Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 10.52.10 PM.png

You are free to edit the auto generated thread as you see fit.

Note that with this auto thread creation configured, we have set the Civ6 file forums to not allow manual new thread creation.

EDIT: We have configured these file categories to not require a file when adding a resource. This is to address concerns about not being able to post organizational threads that groups similar mods together.

2) For existing files

We have made it easy for modders to edit their existing file entry to link to a related thread. Simply get the thread ID of the thread, go to the file entry in Resource Manager and pick the "Reassign Resource to Different Thread" option. When it's done, you will see a Discussion tab added to your file entry.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 12.59.33 AM.png

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions or concerns! :)

3) My file is only in a thread and no entry in Resource Manager. What can I do?

If your file only exists in a forum thread and you have not created an entry in the Resource Manager, a moderator or admin can convert the thread into a resource for you which will add an entry into the Resource Manager and link it to the discussion thread. Simply message the "Convert thread to resource" request to a moderator or admin with link to the thread.
Author
Thunderfall
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Thunderfall

Top Bottom