1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HRE Austria Switch v2 2016-10-05

HRE Austria Switch v2

1. veBear
    As HRE=Germany, this mod solves the headache simply by removing HRE and renaming them Austria. I left the old version up too if anyone likes it better. This time, the UU suits better, but there are no new LH art. Their LH is basically Charlemagne with a new name; Francis I (of Austria, also known as Francis II of HRE, and the HREs last emperor).

OLD VERSION!

Civ Info:
    Spoiler :

UU: Pandur
    +10 City :strength:
    Immune to first strikes
    Spoiler :

Base image:
    Spoiler :

Austria uses the Rathaus as UB, and the Landskhnecht (or whatever) art is now the European Pikeman art :)
    Francis I also have unique diplotext
    If you want to, merging in Franz Joseph from my other Austria mod is possible, but remember then to add a new tag for him, so that you won't have two Charlamagne in the same xml sheet. Also, you'll have to edit a whole lot of other references too if you want him to have the diplotext i made for him in that mod.

For Modders:
    The Leadertag for Francis I is LEADER_CHARLEMAGNE, and Austria uses the same colour and ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION as Holy Rome. Be aware of this when merging this with mod that includes Holy Rome.

How to implement:
    Put in the in My Documents/My Games/Beyond The Sword/Mods directory or C:/Program Files/"Your Civilization IV Folder"/Beyond The Sword/Mods directory
    Then load the game and choose Options -> Load Mod -> HRE Austria Switch

Enjoy :king:

Check out my other civs!

------------------------------------------------

Credits:
    - Zwei822 for his Austria Flag, which I sligtly optimized for it to look even better
    - Me for UU, and putting this together

Images

1. austriaopenpage_0N5.jpg
    2. austriapediapage_pHS.jpg
    3. pandurpediapage_3r3.jpg
    4. trenckpandur_jR4.jpg