Resource icon

Oni 2022-12-18

Hi,
An oni is a kind of yōkai, demon, orc, ogre, or troll in Japanese folklore. Oni are mostly known for their fierce and evil nature manifested in their propensity for murder and cannibalism. Notwithstanding their evil reputation, oni possess intriguingly complex aspects that cannot be brushed away simply as evil. They are typically portrayed as hulking figures with one or more horns growing out of their heads.[2] Stereotypically, they are conceived of as red, blue, black, yellow, or white-colored, wearing loincloths of tiger pelt, and carrying iron kanabō clubs.[2] They are creatures which instill fear and feelings of danger due to their grotesque outward appearance, their wild and sometimes strange behavior and their powers. (courtesy of Wikipedia)

This is based on the standard warrior, with the face taken from an FFH orc warrior. The head horns are adapted from the FFH orc spikes. Color-Balance, Hue-Saturation and Colorise in GIMP were used to change the skin colour. I prefer the skin colour I ended up with when starting with the orc green skin than the human skin but a creature clad only in their tiger skin and wielding a club seemed appropriate for a first Oni unit. I may adapt more of the orc units to create Oni versions to give an alternative fantasy race option.

EDIT: Updated version of this model with amended skin tone and horns is included in https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/oni-civilisation.30313/.
  • oniingame.PNG
    oniingame.PNG
    279.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Oniface.PNG
    Oniface.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 57
Author
LPlate2
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update