Resource icon

Promotion Level system 2016-10-05

Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=548073

I do not like, that you have to choose Shock 1+2+3 to be able to get promotions like March. Instead of that I wanted also be able to choose March, when I chose Drill1+2 + Shock 1 or simular combinations.

With this mod, promotions like March or simular are unlocked by the level of the unit, not by the promotions you chosen.
Exceptions are of course all numbered promotions. So you still have to choose Shock 1+2 to get Shock3.

All in all this means:
You can choose all promotions at the same minimum level as it was in base game. But here it is no "minimum" level :)
This mod also adds several new promotions, just try it out ;)

The mod is based on Bloublous Promotions - Expansion Pack (v 8). (see that link also for screenshots)

I did the following changes:
- Added promotion Nuke Immunity (choosable with Tech Satellites at level 5)
- changed some values.
- Added german translation.
- Added PromotionPrereqOr7="NULL" +8 +9 .
- Range and indirect fire promotion at unlocker4.
- Unlockers gives +17% EXP and +2 combat strength each. (instead of 33% and 5)
- Made Unlockers not chosable. They are now assigned to every unit at level up in .lua file.

At level 3 you get Unlocker2 ; level 4 -> Unlocker3 ; Level 5 -> Unlocker4.

Needs whowards DLL - Various Mod Components Mod (best would be v74 or higher) to assign the unlocker promotions.

File updated at 27.th May 2015!
-> I summarized the three unlocker promotions, so only the newest unlocker is needed (saves space in unit panel)
Update 17th June 2015 v2
- Added some pseudo promotions to promotions level system. This way all promotions should be choosable at the same min level as they were in normal Civ (e.g. march was only choosable at level 5 for all units in v1. But in the base game Archers/Siege Units were able to choose it with level 4. So now we have 2 march promotions, one for archer/siege at level 4 and one at level 5 for the rest)
Update 7th March 2016 v3
Added whowards DLL to the Depencies of the mod. And also enabled the needed event. All previous versions only did work, when you had this event from the DLL enabled by another mod or manually... sry for that.
Reduced the XP Bonus from a total of 50% to 30%. With DLL v74 or higher, it is no longer rounded off intern (so 2.6+2.6 will be ~5 and not 4).
Author
Serp
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Serp

Top Bottom