1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

isau
    Changes to Spheres

• Asian Pacific
      • New: Can build Harbors that do not touch land at all. This Harbor is technically a special district. It has a few bonus abilities, such as +1 points per turn toward Great Generals.
      • Lowered number of tiles needed to trigger the free Gold from 3 to 2, because with the new ability set its much harder to grab ocean tiles without buying them outright. I think it strikes a good balance at present.
    • Asian...
  2. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.18 BETA

isau
    Changes to Biomes/Spheres

• Nomadic Asia - redesigned
      • NEW: Cannot build Government Plazas (or, by association, any of the government plaza buildings, nor access govt cards)
      • SAME: +1 production on flat tiles, -1 on hills (same as before)
      • NEW: You may now build a special project to migrate the capital to a new city. Doing this provides all 3 levels of bedrock and free walls in the new city.
      • NEW: +2 to the relevant yield of any Luxury in cities that are...
  3. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.17 BETA

isau
    I am beginning to feel comfortable enough in this to call it a Beta test, altho there are still some bugs. Mainly some visual issues with DLC civs and some snags with Lua scripts not running properly in Gathering Storm.

Sphere Changes

• Hellenic: The population cap for the number of districts built is now only lifted in the city with a government plaza, not also the capital.
    • Asian Pacific: Slightly upped the...
    RohirrimElf likes this.
  4. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.17 BETA

isau
    I am beginning to feel comfortable enough in this to call it a Beta test, altho there are still some bugs. Mainly some visual issues with DLC civs and some snags with Lua scripts not running properly in Gathering Storm.

Sphere Changes
    • Hellenic: The population cap for the number of districts built is now only lifted in the city with a government plaza, not also the capital.
    • Asian Pacific: Slightly upped the amount of Gold provided to a city that captures 3 ocean tiles...
  5. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.16 ALPHA

isau
    This is a bug fix release.

• Fixed a bug that caused the mod to crash back to the main menu if the game was started without the Aztecs DLS enabled
    • Fixed a bug that caused the mod to crash back to the main menu if the game was started without the Nubia DLS enabled

Please continue to report bugs and issues along with comments.
    RohirrimElf likes this.
  6. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.15 ALPHA

isau
    This patch adds the North African sphere to the game.

North Africa
    • Egypt
    • Phoenicia

'Land units with Ranged attacks cannot fire after moving unless on horseback or unlocked by Renaissance or later era technologies. Land and sea trade routes are immune to plunder. Constructs most unique units available to Hellenic or Middle Eastern civilizations instead of standard units, but these borrowed-sphere units fight with -5 Strength.

No other changes have been made in...
    RohirrimElf likes this.
  7. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.14 ALPHA

isau
    This edition should be called the "tried it and failed" version based on the sheer number of abilities, tweaks, and changes I tried out that failed to make it into the final version due to some issue or other. In the end though I'm mostly happy with how this turned out.

Changes to Spheres
    Again this time the changes are extreme enough that its easiest for me to just show screenshots. Three main spheres are affected. This took me roughly 12 hours of solid coding to test, fail,...
  8. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.13 ALPHA

isau
    This is a balance and bug fix patch.

Changes to Biomes
    • New World: All units now disregard rivers and zone of control in their movement costs
    • Eastern Europe: Support units that have charges (e.g. Military Engineers) are no longer forbidden to this sphere
    • Arabesque:
      • Disaster-immune status is now conveyed by having a Holy Site within 8 tiles, rather than the city having a Temple
      • Lowered free housing from Water bonus from +3 to +2....
  9. Quo's Combined Tweaks

isau
    So, there's a lot in here. I had the day off and had my first chance to try to apply some of the new features from Gathering Storm.

In general, the theme of the changes is:
    • Try to make each sphere unique in disregarding or subverting rules, and/or packing some "what the heck was that" aspects that can appear suddenly on the game board to great effect
    • Cleaning up old code from the early days when the main function of this mod was just to fix Vanilla civ 6

I am a little...
  10. Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.11 ALPHA

isau
    More bug/balance fixes.

• Removed bonus food to farms from aqueducts. They still provide points towards Great Engineers
    • -Removed volcano adjacency bonus for God of the Forge belief as this will require a big time investment I am not willing to make right now in order to fix
    • The Enable Free Placement of Wonders MyOption no longer applies to wonders that require a Harbor adjacency in order to prevent gamebreaking issues with boats/naval units
    • Fixed a bug with the Maori...