The Sword of Islam:
RFC Medieval Middle East
The Sword of Islam is a RFC modscenario/modmod that follows the history of the Middle East from Contantinople to Delhi, through the Middle Ages up until 17th century, featuring the Byzantine Empire, Crusades, Turkic and Mongol invasions, Rajput and Mughal kings, and more. The Broken Crescent mod for M2TW was an inspiration for many aspects of this mod, notably the general idea, geographic area and some civs, but the timeline is obviously different.
Latest version (1.0 Final) released 25-Nov-2012
Please do not download the mod from sources other than CivFanatics/Sourceforce, i.e. do not use the rapidshare links posted by users - the mod is updated frequently and those files are out of date.
You can visit the official mod's forum at http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=433
- Medieval Middle Eastern setting: new map, 31 civs, UUs, UPs, UHVs, tech tree, units, buildings, wonders, music etc.
- RFC features: Rise and Fall, Stability, Plague, Historical Victory, historical Barbarian invasions
- Conditional spawns: some civs will only spawn if certain historical conditions are met e.g. Ottomans will only spawn after 1300 AD if Seljuk Sultanate of Rum is destroyed or unstable.
- Provinces: the map is divided into historical regions; these are used by RFC mechanics, historical events and regional mercenary system (e.g. elephant units can only be hired in and aronud India, Daylamite mercenaries are only available in Iran and so on)
- Honorific titles: players can claim contested titles such as the Roman Emperor or the the Commander of the Faithful as one of their victory conditions, or just for the added benefits the title provides.
- Eight historical religions (e.g. Sunni and Shia Islam), heresy, persecution, religious massacres (i.e. you can murder all disbelievers when you conquer a city)
- Eight trade companies and religious and military orders replace corporations and spread on their own in a semi-deterministic way
- New historical and random events (religious revolts, heresies, crusades, relics, city reclamation quests)
- Speed improvements: the CAR mod, BTS on Speed, reduced pickling, PAKed art w/atlases - all compensate for large number of civs, ethnic art and Epic speed option
The Sword of Islam: RFC Medieval Middle East 2016-10-05
The Sword of Islam: RFC Medieval Middle East