Choicing which nation you become after independence

kolpo

Warlord
In colonization did you get the USA flag after you declare independent with any nation. Even the Spanish used the USA flag. But wouldn't it be better if the flag you get depends on the nation your play? Or even better you can choice your flag.

So for example the English could choice between the USA and Canadian flag. Spain would have many nations to choice from like Mexico, Bolivia and Argentina. The French could choice between Quebec and Haiti. The Dutch can take the flag of Suriname or Netherlands Antilles.

Yes, in the original colonization every nation would get stars and stripes after the declaration of independence. I found that rather annoying.

After winning the game, in hall of fame was the name of the new country:

England --> The Democratic People's Republic of North America (aka. USA)
France --> Republic of Quebec
Spain --> Republic of Mexico
The Netherlands --> Republic of Surinam

In colonization did you get the USA flag after you declare independent with any nation. Even the Spanish used the USA flag. But wouldn't it be better if the flag you get depends on the nation your play? Or even better you can choice your flag.

So for example the English could choice between the USA and Canadian flag. Spain would have many nations to choice from like Mexico, Bolivia and Argentina. The French could choice between Quebec and Haiti. The Dutch can take the flag of Suriname or Netherlands Antilles.
This is a nice touch maybe, but it matters very little if you ask me.

As with most things, if Firaxis doesn't put this in, a modder likely will.

Will the crash and trade bug remain or will they get improved?:D

LOL

But seriously I would like to see more new not the same old game. The old version still works in my computer(runs with Windows XP) so when I want to play old game I would play that.

Also I would like to see better combat system than it was in colonization when you attacked caravels by frigate and lost.

But choosing nation... why not dutch can make USA?

Technically speaking, all of the 4 nations settled areas of the modern United States. :crazyeye:

IMO it would be neat if you could pick the flag you want after Colonization. Of course, it wouldn't really affect gameplay.

Certainly, with J. Adams and G. Washington, the English would have no other option but to revolt into the U.S. French, well, maybe Canada (I don't see how Canada could fit in since their nation came about several years later), the U.S., or Haiti. The Dutch, well, they point towards going also to the U.S., or maybe Brazil.

The Spanish would be a tad more difficult to decide considering Bolivar and San Martin helped create several nations in South America. Of course, the first thought would be Colombia for Bolivar and Argentina for San Martin. On second, there's also nations like Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile, and Paraguay. Yet, keeping the average idiot in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if both of these turned into Mexico. :mischief:

Then again, Spain itself could become the U.S. since nearly half of the country (excluding Alaska) used to be ruled by Spain. It really wouldn't fit right with the leaders, though. :scan:

I like this response as the most likely:

As with most things, if Firaxis doesn't put this in, a modder likely will.

i think colonization should expand beyond the americas. C'mon! Africa, Asia, Austrlia (maybe a lil' "help the motherland!" fighting and rewards in europe), even antartica would b cool. However, that would only work with more civs, not just european (natives, asian, even post-independance colonial). eg, with present civs, england=Australia, France=Vietnam, Netherlands= South Africa
Spain= Well, best stick 2 America! It would only work with more civs though":mad:

sounds like a job for a modder, anyone?:cry:

Australia wouldnt work IMO.

In tasmania they literally wiped out every aboriginal on the island, as Aborigionals were relatively peaceful, and horribly underpowered in terms of avaliable weapons.

In other areas they could never fight off the English.

So it would be English land, kill/push out all the locals and build a colony... not much fun.

We also are still not independent, were part of the monarchy here still, and have been allowed to leave it if we vote for it (last time was a few years ago, and the vote came out that we stay in the monarchy)

I think an Australian colonisation would be cool. But it wouldn't be much fun if you were repeating history, so you should make the aboriginals a bit stronger, and have more civs fiercely competing for the land, like the French and the Dutch.

You could also include New Zealand on the map. :p

I'd go for an Australian map - with the stronger tribes. Sort of a 'what if' scenario where the Aboriginal people were better able to resist British settlement.

Of course, that's exactly what happened in New Zealand, where the Maoris gave the British a run for their money.

Really like those australia idea.but personally, i really like to play as an indonesianese that fight for 350 years for get them independence from netherland, with them famous bamboo spears

Wow
Bamboo spear versus rifle.

Can't wait for the other epic from spearman versus tank or phalanx versus battleship!!
Bamboo with rifle

In tasmania they literally wiped out every aboriginal on the island, as Aborigionals were relatively peaceful, and horribly underpowered in terms of avaliable weapons.

In other areas they could never fight off the English.

So it would be English land, kill/push out all the locals and build a colony... not much fun.

We also are still not independent, were part of the monarchy here still, and have been allowed to leave it if we vote for it (last time was a few years ago, and the vote came out that we stay in the monarchy)
OK, well on behalf of england, im sorry. i knew we did all that, but if the game is going 2 include such evils as slavery, what will stop a modder from adding genocide? but i understand your point, and accpet it. I also reckon your nation will b far better off without our queen. C'mon, its not as if oyur part of the UK! Australia is a big boy now, and i reckon he can look after himself. good luck with liberation!

Apparently, we're not ready to go solo yet. :mischief: According to our last vote, anyway.

As I said before, if you were to make a scenario with Australia, then you should make the natives stronger, and add a bit more competition like the French, Spanish and Dutch. Realism isn't always fun or challenging. So we need to improvise to make a better scenario.

After all, I could be living in New Holland. :mischief:

I would hate to correct an australian about his own country, but you are independant. The only link with britain is a "shared" monarch. If britain for whatever reason changed their succesion laws and skipped charles to be king and went directly to his oldest child. Then Charles would still be king of australia. Furthermore the british have little or nothing to say about internal austrlaian affairs( only the queen and only when she's in australia herself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_history_of_Australia

But on topic. It would be nice to pick your own flag after independance.

Will the crash and trade bug remain or will they get improved?:D

LOL

But seriously I would like to see more new not the same old game. The old version still works in my computer(runs with Windows XP) so when I want to play old game I would play that.

Also I would like to see better combat system than it was in colonization when you attacked caravels by frigate and lost.

But choosing nation... why not dutch can make USA?

Aboriginals were far from peaceful and killed plenty of settlers. it certainly wasn't easy for the english! it simply seems that way in historical hindsight.

we have been ruled by a military junta for a time following the rum rebellion and the english had to send out more troops to regain control of the colony. the events of the eureka stockade and the opening of the sydney harbour bridge could easily have turned into civil war or revolution. and western australia has always had a strong seperatist movement. if it wasn't for the french revolution we may well have seen french colonies settling in the australian continent also. not to mention the frequent irish uprisings in hobart and norfolk island, perhaps if one of them suceeded the irish could've helped out the local aboriginals (if they could avoid being speared by them!)

as far as independence is concerned, the last ties (judicial appeal to the privy council) were ended in the 1980s although in practice we have been independent since the statute of westminster 1931(?). the monarchy of australia is not technically the same as that of britain, although they are the same person. for example, an event such as abducation by charles that is rejected by the british parliament but accepted by the australian one would probably split the throne into 2 people. can it be argued that britain or japan or denmark are not independent because they have a monarchy?

i would love to play out a game where the rum rebellion militants fought off the brit's reinforcements, or the euraka stockaders sparked a french inspired revolution, or the communist and nationalists fight out a civil war in the 1920s. maybe if i get some skillz i can create a mod so ppl can realise that australia actually has some intereting history even if it is pretty short. ;)

A bit off topic but certainly interesting.

Anyhow why not just give the player the ability to enter a custom name?

Sure you are going to get a lot of genital references but no one else has to see them.

Top Bottom