what would be nice in civ..

Harvin87

The Youth
I was thinking, that it would have been cool if you were able to capture equipment from the enemy... for example, if you capture a city that has warships on it, or aircraft ... would be cool if you were able to use it and add it to your army... what do u think... ? .. maybe its already possible via a Mod or something... but Im not aware of it.
:goodjob:

Well if we are talking realism...that wouldn't make any sense. Especially if the capturing civ doesn't have the technology to make said equipment for themselves. But even if the civ CAN make the same units, there are big differences between weapons and machine of different civs. Sure an American pilot could get a captured MiG off the ground, but they wouldn't use it very well. Training, especially for more advanced machinery, is highly specialized.

It's not like the movies where you can "know how to fly" and suddenly you are a master with any plane. Not even slightly.

Well if we are talking realism...that wouldn't make any sense. Especially if the capturing civ doesn't have the technology to make said equipment for themselves. But even if the civ CAN make the same units, there are big differences between weapons and machine of different civs. Sure an American pilot could get a captured MiG off the ground, but they wouldn't use it very well. Training, especially for more advanced machinery, is highly specialized.

It's not like the movies where you can "know how to fly" and suddenly you are a master with any plane. Not even slightly.

Well for me your post doesnt make any sense... because we deffinetly are talking about the same thing right? ... the "game" civilization... nobody mentioned the word realism... and if we are talking about ironies and "realism" ... it would also be impossible to Washington fight a war against Bismarck .. right...

I still believe it would be cool to be able to capture the equipment of your opponent.

Funny how I said "If we are talking realism". Usually when you preface a statement with a qualifier, it changes the context slightly. I said nothing like "That wouldn't be fun". I said "It wouldn't be very realistic".

I personally have no opinion on whether it would be fun. Balance has to be considered too. They got rid of inheriting technology from captured cities because of balance.

Top Bottom