PolyCast Episode 105: "Off-Kilter"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Out of order. The one-hundred-and-fourth episode of PolyCast, "Off-Kilter", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with returning guest co-hosts Bruce "Beta" Hynes and Methos.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m39s | Senate
Delaying using the Caste System civic, and the viability of Catapult Rushes, in Civilization IV.
- 12m18s | Forum Talk
Arguing barbarians are boring, why bother annexing any captured city[/url], and are you happy with $5US for individual Downloadable Content (DLC) offerings, all in Civilization V.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Archers taking cities in CivV, a highlight of using English properly in Civ forums, somehow relating the launch of CivV to that of Fallout: New Vegas, influencing end results of CivV Research Agreements, how not to avoid complying with a request, and male brain translations.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.

As always, enjoy. :cool:

I'm glad to see you guys are onboard with my concerns about a fragmented community.. :p

"As far as I'm concerned-

DLC- Anything I would pay extra for and download from the internet that I can't buy on a disk from a store.

Core game- Anything that affects gameplay and potential outcomes, scores, etc in a vanilla version of Civilization. Core game consistency makes much of what we know know and enjoy possible.. the variety of multiplayer & Hall of Fame, these forums, Polycast, our wealth of mods. The present marketing model allows everyone to plan the purchase and move to the next expansion relatively easily and in sync. A DLC dribble marketing model is like a continuos patching process... which is aggravating for modders, and anyone who plays more than one kind of long, involved game.. be they mods, succession games, PBEM, multiplayer...you get the idea."

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9369275#post9369275 -July 11th 2010. Polycast Episode 95 discussion thread .

I've got eating and drinking of international cuisine on my agenda when I'm at EPCOT, but they sound pretty good and draw crowds, whether they're covering Gordon Lightfoot and AC/DC, or playing something original.

I leave on Friday for a week at Disney World and a western Carribbean cruise, but I'll vote for Polycast when I get back if the polls are still open.

... but I'll vote for Polycast when I get back if the polls are still open.
:)

They're open until this Wednesday, as of this writing.

Imagine my surprise when I started listening to this podcast and heard that I was a co-host, since I was expecting to be on 106. :lol:
Dan likes some funny business with the feeds :). Don't cross him or there might be unfortunate accidents of one kind or another :lol:.
:lol::lol:

Episodes that were recorded as #103-106 got shuffled around in that block given Civilization V's release and the general delay between recording and release. Those productions recorded as Episodes 107 & 108 will not be so affected.

Top Bottom