[R&F] [1.0.0.229] Alliance expired, open border remains active

bbufa

Warlord
I did not open my border to any civ, my alliance with Korea ended years ago but her units can walk in my land.
Korea border, however, is not open to me (I still need to pay gold for it).

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
Same things happened in my recent CIv 6 game. Does the expired alliance relation still provide the implicit right of passage for AI civs? Is that really a hidden 'sunk cost' for building alliance? Or it is simply another 'bug' perhaps from typo?

I've noticed that the ex-ally has open borders but you don't have open borders with them. (i.e. you can't move your units in their territory). Not game-breaking but an annoyance.

TBH I much prefer how open borders worked in BERT (being reciprocal). Also there's no confusion when talking about having an "open borders" agreement with someone :rolleyes:

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    5.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 20180522193933_1.jpg
    20180522193933_1.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20180522193956_1.jpg
    20180522193956_1.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 70
Patch 1.0.0.262
A bug from March and it's December now without a fix!!!
Fraxis, you keep promoting Gathering Storm while paying no attention to bugs! This is a serious bug affecting gameplay, because your formal allies will always get +25% tourism from open border, even at war.
I hesitate to pay for the upcoming expansion because of ignored bug reports.

Old report link:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/1-0-0-229-alliance-expired-open-border-remains-active.630494/
Other similar threads:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/1-0-0-257-alliance-open-border-is-permanent.632710/

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Report thread -- Browd

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought tourism worked the other way around? If your borders are open to them you get the 25% bonus? That would be logical.

I thought tourism worked the other way around? If your borders are open to them you get the 25% bonus? That would be logical.
The game mechanism requires "being as peaceful as possible to achieve tourism victory". It would be much easier to open my own border than asking AI to open their border.
But yeah, in real life free-visa countries attract more tourists...

Top Bottom