[1.0.0.328] Anti-air does not increase for Fleets and Armadas

dbergan

Warlord
In a multiplayer game, I learned a lesson the hard way...

A Battleship has 60 melee strength, 70 ranged strength, and 90 Anti-Air strength.

When I combine into a Fleet it then has 70 melee strength (+10), 80 ranged strength (+10), but still only 90 Anti-Air strength.

When I combine into an Armada, it then has 77 (+17) melee strength, 87 (+17) ranged strength, but still only 90 Anti-Air strength.

I combined my battleships into an Armada which was destroyed in one shot by a Jet Bomber. Had they remained 3 individual Battleships, the Jet Bomber would have done less damage to the single Battleship than to the Armada (since the two adjacent Battleship would have provided additional Anti-Air cover). It's implied by the civilopedia that corps/armies/fleets/armadas get their bonus in all combat situations, thus this isn't just a balance issue, but a bug.

I would have made a mod to fix this myself, except that there isn't any way to test if a unit is a corps/army/fleet/armada. (the only requirement mentioning military formations is REQUIREMENT_CITY_HAS_GARRISON_UNIT)

Two ways for Firaxis to fix this bug:

A) Give corps/fleets/armies/armadas the +10/+17 combat strength bonus to Anti-Air. (Every other form of combat gets +10/+17... melee, ranged, & bombard.)

OR

B) Create a requirement that tests whether a unit is a corps/army (fleet/armada). Then a modder could make an inactive ability that adds combat strength to anti-air... that's activated when the unit is a corps/army/fleet/armada.

Kind regards,
DB

Top Bottom