[NFP] [1.0.6.9] AI strategic ressource storing/trading logic puts it behind on Epic/Marathon game speeds

Pfeffersack

Deity
Initial 1.0.0.341 report:

The storage tresholds which decide about if the AI will trade for additional ressource units don't scale with game speed - they are 20/40 even on Marathon for ressources like Iron, Horses and Niter. That's not good for the AI, because the ressource requirement are tripled, so in fact the AI is not even willing to pay for the 60 Units it needs for a lone rider or swordman...

Attached is a Marathon save - just try selling Horses or iron to any AI: They of course accept any ressource amount, but everything which puts them beyond 40 units in their storage will not increase the amount they pay for it.

Attachments

• MarathonAIressourcelimitflaw.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
This is still a problem in 1.0.4.8:

Spoiler :

AIRessourceLimitMarathon.jpg

(Note: I marked the open border tooltip only as indicator that this is a marathon screenshot; the issue itself has nothing to do with it of course)

To reproduce with attached save:

Offer the Mongols the deal shown in the pic and see that they won't pay more then the default 1 for excess ressources, because the AI thinks having more than 40 in storage is enough (but it is of course not, as on Marathon speed that might not be enough to built a single unit!). I would recommend scaling the purchse limit of 40 with game speed (Epic = 60, Marathon = 120)

Attachments

• 1.0.4.8AIMarathonOnlyBuys40Res.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 128
I hoped that the October patch with an announced focus on gamespeed scaling issues would target this, but sadly it doesn't seem so :(

Spoiler :

AIdoesntPurchaseAbove40inMarathon.jpg

Attachments

• 1.0.6.9AIPurchLimitNoGameSpScale.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 121
Top Bottom