[NFP] [1.0.9.9] Invention economic card not giving +2GE points per workshop

Squirrelloid

Warlord
Slotted Invention card with a couple workshops. Only got the +4 bonus engineer points per turn from the base card effect, not the additional +4 i should have gotten with 2 workshops.

I tried to reproduce this in my current game (while having 4 Workshops in my empire) - with an interesting result: I get 10 points instead of the 12 I would expect :crazyeye:

Instead of posting tons of screenshots (which proof fairly little for such a numerical issue), a detailed way to reproduce with the attached save:

Spoiler :

1. Call up GP screen, see that I have 610 GE points accumulated and that I got +9 per turn
2. Check policy screen to see that no card is slotted affected the turnly gain
3. End turn, call up GP screen agin, see that now the sum is 619

So far, so good...

4. Load save again
5. Investigate my empire; see that I have 4 IZ, each having a Workshop...so the Invention card should net an extra 12 GPP, right (4 flat + 4*2 from the Workshops)?
6. Pay Gold to unlock a policy change, get rid of the Wisselbanken card, slot Invention and confirm (no need to visit the GP screen yet - the points-per-turn-gained value does not get refreshed before turn change)
7. End turn
8. Visit the GP screen...and see that I have now only 629 GE points instead of the 631 I would expect.

So what goes wrong here? My theories: Either one of the Workshops isn't counted for some reason...or -and I lean towards this- the flat value is +2 instead of +4. Of course, for the situation the OP described, not counted workshops would be the more likely explanation.

Attachments

• 1.0.9.9InvPCEffectProblem.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
Can't say which is incorrect - the policy description or the lack of a new/updated modifier argument for GS. The base policy modifier for the Vanilla ruleset only gives +2 GEPs per turn. According to the GS description this should be upped to +4 GEPs, however there is no update or replacement to the modifier in the GS ruleset so you still only get +2. So either you can change the description "LOC_POLICY_INVENTION_DESCRIPTION_XP2" to read only +2, or you can update the argument for the "INVENTION_GREATENGINEERPOINTS" modifier to 4 when the GS ruleset is active.

So it's definitely broken then?
That explains why I was being beaten to so many GE yesterday when I should have been winning these.....

I can confirm this Policy Card, labeled Invention, is indeed not working correctly. From previous Dev Streams, I am under the assumption that the Policy Card's label/effect is suppose to be a base yield of 4 GEP, and an additional +2 GEP per Workshop on top of the original +1 GEP that the Workshop already is suppose to give off. The base yield of GEP is acting like the Vanilla rule set giving only +2 base yield, and not the intended +4.

You have a very strict definition of broken...
Just a realistic definition. I mean the policy still works regardless, if it was truly "broken" then it wouldn't work at all. It just either has the wrong value in the description, or a missing updated value for the GS ruleset. To me broken <> bug, or rather all things broken are bugs, but not all bugs are broken. :)

Civ6 is a very good game but, unfortunately, it has too many bugs for the developers to find and fix all.
Some of them can be found in XML code and we can fix it.
I think it's very mild case and this is that one.
Some bugs are untouchable to us. That is really broken one.

Code:
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value = '4'
WHERE ModifierId='INVENTION_GREATENGINEERPOINTS' AND Name='Amount' AND Value='2';

This issue (flat bonus of the policy only +2 instead of the displayed +4) is still present in 1.0.11.16:

Attached is a save where I currently gain +8 GE points per turn without said policy active. I'm now prompted to replace an outdated policy and if I pick Invention, I would expect to get +12 GE points more (4 flat and 8 for 4 Workshops in my city). However, if I do so and check the next turn, I only get +18 GE points per turn, which is an increase of only 10 for running this policy.

Attachments

• 1.0.11.16Only+2GEFlatFromInv.Civ6Save
    4.8 MB · Views: 35
Top Bottom