10 Songs You Wish Were Never Written

Does anyone of you know/remember this fantasy-uniformed idiod named Captain Jack?
Had almost forgotten about him. Jesus! He's one of this types which make me think that for selling records one needs a weapons-licence. And I wonder who buys records with such a -censored-?? :suicide:

Sk8r Boi - Avril Lavigne

"He was a punk,
she did ballet
What more can I say?"

Ugh. I hate it for that lyric alone. I think that one is right up there with the "toast" lyric.

Barbie Girl - Aqua

It's actually rather naughty, but it was seriously overplayed and bored it's way into many people's brains.

Tubthumping - Chumbawumba

The entire song is "I get knocked down. But I get up again. Aint nobody gonna keep me down" repeat ad nauseum until you vomit from either drinking too much or the song making you sick.

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer and other assorted Christmas songs.

Maybe if they were not played 24/7 from Thanksgiving until New Year's Eve I wouldn't hate them so much.

Aegis said:
Sk8r Boi - Avril Lavigne

"He was a punk,
she did ballet
What more can I say?"

Ugh. I hate it for that lyric alone. I think that one is right up there with the "toast" lyric.

I first read it as "She was a punk/ She did ballet/ What more can I say?", which would actually be pretty cool lyrics (assuming it's about one girl and not a lesbian couple!).

kmad said:
4. B52s - Love Shack
The Love Shack is a little old song that.. gets stuck in my head all the goddamn time fahnkfsdkl

Fuel for hatred! We mean business this time. :)

Yesterday I heard La La, by some talent-free bint called Ashlee Simpson.

It was a soulless, whiny piece of fake-rock of the lowest order. Appalling in every respect, even the video was absymal. I can't imagine who would buy such errant filth, who would want to pollute their ears with this shameful garbage. I wanted to pack up a copy of "Who's next?" or something, and send it off which ever lunkheaded music exec signed and released this atrocity.

And I note that the pretentious talent-black-hole has titled her album 'Autobiography'.

I can only say: Schni-Schna-Schanppi.......

actually there are tons of german idiot-songs that come to my mind, that make me wanna go berserk

@E-Raser, you're right on Captain Jack, absolutely horrific as are most pieces of music (i you can call them that) from that era: anybody remember the band called Erotic? with so lovely songs as "Max Don't Have Sex With Your Ex" - god were they crap

Don't miss to mention:

MODERN TALKING...... "Chery Chery Ladie" ARRGH

1. Einz, zwei, polizei!!!! Whoever remembers this is song is at least 20 years old.

2. An e-mail to Berlin!!! Godawful Dutch accent.

3. Dana, why on Earth did she/he win?

4. All about the money. Waste of airspace.

BTW I have no disaffection to my German fellowman.

Probably this one should have never been written

I have always been undecided about David Bowie's Laughing Gnome song. Dire bilge, or a master peice resulting from mind changing chemicals?

Macarena
MacArthur Park

Well, there's really too many for me to even begin, but the one song that I have particular angst towards is 'Dammit' by Blink 182. AFAICT, this is the song that made pop-punk popular and saw it spawn a million sh!tty bands.

thetrooper said:
:lol: It's a joke, right? That was horrible :eek:
Yeah, some Aussies brought out a fake travel book about a made-up country (Molvania: A land untouched by modern dentistry) to poke fun at Lonely Planet and the like. That song is the Eurovision entry.
book said:
The Middle Ages saw Molvania invaded by numerous armies, including the Goths, Tatars, Turks, Huns, Balts, Lombards and even a surprisingly militant band of Spanish nuns, before Molvania’s first king and patron saint Fyodor I, set about unifying his country by killing off as many of its citizens as he could. Those not murdered or imprisoned were forced into teaching.

Well, at least you can be happy you don't understand the lyrics of Macarena...

On a second though, however, I am afraid I have missused the word lyric. I mean the voice sounds that come out of the mounth of the people that sing it.

Top Bottom