1020 AD: To build or not to build a theater now

Shakespeare's Theater or Adam Smith first ?

• Build Shakespeare's Theater now and Adam Smith a little later (very strongly recommended)

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Build Adam Smith ahead of Shakespeare's Theater (not recommended)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • These wonders both suck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheViking

The world is not enough
In the last wonder poll (see here) Isaac Newton's College and Leonardo's Workshop received 7 votes, J.S. Bach's Cathedral 6 votes and Adam Smith's Trading Company 5 votes. These were far ahead of other wonders, Shakespeare's Theater came next with 2 votes.

Of these we have built Isaac and have the techs for AS and Shakespeare. Building Shakespeare in Dou within 5 turns should be an almost automatic option, it eliminates all unhappy citizens there and therefore enables Dou to easily grow to size 20+ in the next 10-12 turns since we are about to discover sanitation. This growth is of crucial importance to our entire trade network and science progress.

However, since it was so lowly rated last time I feel obliged to seek appproval in this poll to make Shakespeare the next wonder we build, ahead of Adam Smith even though AS was rated higher in the previous wonder poll. We will still build AS but it will be delayed for several turns. Building Shakespeare first is also important because the French are building it, however, no AI civ has the tech (economics) necessary to build AS.

So I urge everyone in the strongest possible terms to vote for building Shakespeare now and Adam Smith a little later.

If there was any doubt before, the fact that the French are building it should make the choice perfectly clear: Theatre first.

In the last poll, the one you're talking about, I didn't vote for Shake's, but in one of my games since then I built it in my SSC and you're right, it's much easier to grow it with Shake's than without, which is why I'm a lot more positive to it now then before.:)

Top Bottom