15 Light Years per Turn??

sodsleep

Chieftain
So I was nearing the end of the first Diety game I thought I would win.

I was about 10 turns away, at 3 LY per turn, which I thought was the max, when the Aztecs come out of nowhere.. 8, 11, 15 LY per turn and they beat me by ONE TURN.

Is this just Diety adjustment, or is there something else in the game that can also boost LY per turn speed?

Thanks
Marc

Ah, didn't realize you could do more than one of each.. thank you.
This is the part of science victory where having a large industrial base of high production cities (and enough aluminum or power plant fuel stockpiled) will allow you to absolutely crank those lasers out in no time. Its easy to overlook that "multiple industrial cities" part if you just have one spaceport city and then a lot of campus/culture towns.

This is the part of science victory where having a large industrial base of high production cities (and enough aluminum or power plant fuel stockpiled) will allow you to absolutely crank those lasers out in no time. Its easy to overlook that "multiple industrial cities" part if you just have one spaceport city and then a lot of campus/culture towns.

Making multiple spaceports just for the last phase feels like overkill to me. I usually just use one and have surrounding cities deliver builders to hurry production through the Royal Society ability.

Making multiple spaceports just for the last phase feels like overkill to me. I usually just use one and have surrounding cities deliver builders to hurry production through the Royal Society ability.
But what else am I going to make with my carpet of 100:c5production: Per turn cities?!
#HansaPride

So I was nearing the end of the first Diety game I thought I would win.

I was about 10 turns away, at 3 LY per turn, which I thought was the max, when the Aztecs come out of nowhere.. 8, 11, 15 LY per turn and they beat me by ONE TURN.

Is this just Diety adjustment, or is there something else in the game that can also boost LY per turn speed?

Thanks
Marc

I must admit I am quite surprised by this as I have never seen the AI build the projects and in my recent game overtook Cree when he had a 20 year head start. Maybe you need to sabotage some spaceports!

Ies, tovarisch, no need for buildingk more than rokit platform. Random mysterious axploshuns are highly unlikely to cause delays, dah. After all who would ever wish for downfall of kapitalist pigs?

Ies, tovarisch, no need for buildingk more than rokit platform. Random mysterious axploshuns are highly unlikely to cause delays, dah. After all who would ever wish for downfall of kapitalist pigs?

Can't remember the last time my spaceport got sabotaged and it's by far my most common VC. Proper spy usage ftw.

Can't remember the last time my spaceport got sabotaged
I killed 4 spies attacking my spaceports last SV... 1 from Gilga and 3 from Qin. Personally I think Qins spies were just looking for an excuse to leave the country.

Out of curiosity what turn was this? I have never seen the AI run lasers but then again they usually are barely getting the Satellite launched by the end of long games.

Top Bottom