189% Inflation

deanjack

Ruler of the Universe
I was playing as the Deutch on an archipalego map. It's the modern age and i have a lot of cities but finances are fine untill i look at the inflation 1427gpt and 189%. I know there is no way to reduce inflation but is there a way to keep it or reduce the speed that it increases it, to help in later games?

Pretty new to civ 4, but in the assets\gameinfo\sic4gamespeedinfo.xml there are 2 values relating to inflation. %, and offset (a negative number) That may be a starting point?

Hopefully the patch makes it out soon, it says it at least caps inflation. Currently, it does seem to get a bit out of control late in the game.

The national bank event helps a lot (-25%) inflation, but you should be paying that much because you should be abusing of corps. Try Solver's patch and/or adopt State Propriety

I'm not an expert in inflation, but this should help!;)

EDIT: welcome to the forums, Bvb88!!! [party] :band:

use the Solver Patch.

Inflation isn't so bad once corporations aren't affected by it.

Look on the bright side - at least it's not 190%.

Then go and kill another Civ... you'll feel much better.

Yeah, colonies are known to cost HUGE maintenance after a while, with unpatched inflation those costs get ridicilous. I'm using Solver's patch but before it, I had corporations causing global depressions. Global Civic: Enviromentalism + Corpo spam = lol.

189%, watch out Robert Mugabe, theres someone nipping at your heels.

And the income/output of your empire - which grows with your number of cities. Kaching!

Well the % has nothing to do with Anything besides how long you've been playing.

Top Bottom