1900AD scenario

aob86

King
This is a scenario I have been working on and off for quite a while. I have decided to post some information and screen shots to get peoples opinion/thoughts about it. Its still a long way from finished in my opinion

current civs in the scenario:

Great Britain
USA
Mexico
Colombian liberal party
Colombian conservative party
Venezuela
Brazil
Peru
Bolivia
Argentina
France
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Netherlands
Germany
Italy
Sweden-Norway
Austro-Hungary
Denmark
Russia
Greece
Serbia
Romania
Ottoman
Morocco
Persia
Emirate of Nejd and Hasa
Emirate of Jabal Shammar
Minor Nations
Siam
China
Japan
South African republic
Chile
Minor American Nations
Korea

Events happening in 1900:

Thousand days war https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_Days%27_War

second Boer war https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Boer_War

boxer Rebellion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_Rebellion

Philippine - American war https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine%E2%80%93American_War

War of the golden stool https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Golden_Stool

Somaliland campaign https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somaliland_Campaign

Works in progress:

boxer rebellion
War of the golden stool
units/unit placements
roads/improvements
technology's
civics

things still to do:

Somaliland campaign
Thousand days war
Balance out the game in general
remove cities and or civs to make the game smaller

i have uploaded the scenario but it does require the C2C Civilizations Megapack and may take a some time to load

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 714
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 615
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 525
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 579
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 562
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 486
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 412
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 409
  • C2C1900.rar
    122.3 KB · Views: 277
interesting. this seems like an even more massive undertaking then my map. looks like your using a GEM base map too. am i right?

Yes I am, I am a fan of the GEM map but I would of liked an even bigger map but GEM will do nicely.

P.S I started this a long time before your version of GEM came out, otherwise I would of probably used yours.

I must of made a mistake somewhere down the line or the save had become too big, has when i tried to save the game in worldbuilder as a scenario it wouldn't work, i have had to go back to an earlier save for it to work so i now have lost some of my work.

i may need to look into removing some civs and or cities to make the save smaller, unless anyone has an other ideas?????

i have uploaded the scenario but it does require the C2C Civilizations Megapack and may take a some time to load

This is truly cool that such involved scenarios are being designed for C2C like this. Thanks for your contribution!

no problems, I'm glad someone thinks its involved :lol: I just wish I could script events or add new units because while there is ALOT of units in C2C, there a key naval unit needed for a scenario around this time missing and while I can just about manage the basics of making a scenario, making mods is beyond me :sad:

P.S did you guys ever consider making scenario's for C2C? I would say scenario's are the only thing missing from C2C, other than that its pretty much perfect to me. I know there ALOT of work but they only take forever if you do it all on your own like I have, you guys have a team I'm assuming :lol:

Thanks aob86! I like historical and what-if scenarios - especially if they can be re-played from different angles.
I am trying it out this weekend.

Thanks aob86! I like historical and what-if scenarios - especially if they can be re-played from different angles.
I am trying it out this weekend.

no problems, let me know anything you notice wrong. just bear in mind what I have posted before most civs don't have units and have tech's missing and because I have had to go back to an earlier save none of the wars are in place. I would recommend playing as Britain as its closer than the rest to being completed but they will seem over powered because the British empire was massive back then and the rest are lacking in units and some tech's

no problems, I'm glad someone thinks its involved :lol: I just wish I could script events or add new units because while there is ALOT of units in C2C, there is a couple of key naval units needed for a scenario around this time missing and while I can just about manage the basics of making a scenario, making mods is beyond me :sad:

P.S did you guys ever consider making scenario's for C2C? I would say scenario's are the only thing missing from C2C, other than that its pretty much perfect to me. I know there ALOT of work but they only take forever if you do it all on your own like I have, you guys have a team I'm assuming :lol:

There's about 4 or 5 of us actively modding on the team at the moment. More have been here in the past. We're all focused on the main mod so could use the assistance of some scenario developers. Like you! ;)

I'd love to see a Modern Global War scenario that attempts to set up the world as accurately as possible as it is today.

There's about 4 or 5 of us actively modding on the team at the moment. More have been here in the past. We're all focused on the main mod so could use the assistance of some scenario developers. Like you! ;)

I'd love to see a Modern Global War scenario that attempts to set up the world as accurately as possible as it is today.

I know what you mean, big mod like this requires a lot of work. I used to make and help dacubz145 with scenarios for his mods back when I had more time on my hands but since this will be my first scenario I have released on my own, well once I finish it anyway I think calling me a scenario developer is a bit of a push :lol:

This scenario was originally just for my personal use as most I make are but since no one seemed to be making anything for C2C I decided I would release it

I like history so the scenario's i've made in the past are usually 1500AD to 1945. I've played the modern day scenarios same as everyone else, never found a great one my self. dacubz145 made a scenario similar to what you describe but other than he used one of my scenario's and converted it into a modern day one I had little to do with it. I suppose the same could be done with the 1900 scenario. change the civs/ units around and save a lot of time in the process

the scenario was made using an old version of C2C, I have uploaded a new one on the latest C2C but unfortunately the start date is now wrong

I know what you mean, big mod like this requires a lot of work. I used to make and help dacubz145 with scenarios for his mods back when I had more time on my hands but since this will be my first scenario I have released on my own, well once I finish it anyway I think calling me a scenario developer is a bit of a push :lol:

This scenario was originally just for my personal use as most I make are but since no one seemed to be making anything for C2C I decided I would release it

I like history so the scenario's i've made in the past are usually 1500AD to 1945. I've played the modern day scenarios same as everyone else, never found a great one my self. dacubz145 made a scenario similar to what you describe but other than he used one of my scenario's and converted it into a modern day one I had little to do with it. I suppose the same could be done with the 1900 scenario. change the civs/ units around and save a lot of time in the process

Scenario building is really its own pursuit. It's the kind of thing that no matter how familiar you are with the mod as a mod developer, you still won't necessarily be automatically good at it and even if you aren't a mod developer, you can still refine the skillset of scenario development to an expert degree. Basically just like any other angle of modding, it takes the will to dedicate to the effort and the drive to always improve your skills in doing so. Improving on that only comes with practice and thus deepening insights.

We've really not had too many folks with the drive to do even as much as you have so by all qualifications of having simply designed a scenario, you are a scenario builder. Even if you're still a little novice at it, you're already probably better than most of us on the mod development team with it from the practice you've already put in. Keep developing them and before long you'll be a master and you'll be plugging out all kinds of amazing designs!

The trick here, of course, is to not get too frustrated with constant updates requiring adaptations to existing scenarios you've already designed. ;) There's probably to be quite a bit of those core mod adjustments to come. Which is probably why it's been something many folks have been wary of diving into. Sadly, most scenarios and maps made for C2C have become outdated by now.

Scenario building is really its own pursuit. It's the kind of thing that no matter how familiar you are with the mod as a mod developer, you still won't necessarily be automatically good at it and even if you aren't a mod developer, you can still refine the skillset of scenario development to an expert degree. Basically just like any other angle of modding, it takes the will to dedicate to the effort and the drive to always improve your skills in doing so. Improving on that only comes with practice and thus deepening insights.

We've really not had too many folks with the drive to do even as much as you have so by all qualifications of having simply designed a scenario, you are a scenario builder. Even if you're still a little novice at it, you're already probably better than most of us on the mod development team with it from the practice you've already put in. Keep developing them and before long you'll be a master and you'll be plugging out all kinds of amazing designs!

The trick here, of course, is to not get too frustrated with constant updates requiring adaptations to existing scenarios you've already designed. ;) There's probably to be quite a bit of those core mod adjustments to come. Which is probably why it's been something many folks have been wary of diving into. Sadly, most scenarios and maps made for C2C have become outdated by now.

yes I know exactly what your saying, I had to start all over again more than once when making scenarios for dacubz145 for the exact reason you said, so big of changes were made it wouldn't work anymore.

thank fully even tho my current one was made on an older C2C while some adjusts will have to be made it does seem to still work on 3.6

Such a huge work. Good Job!
Its a chance someone will see another eras instead just preh-medieval in c2c :D

Such a huge work. Good Job!
Its a chance someone will see another eras instead just preh-medieval in c2c :D

Thanks

Some positive response's so far including from members of the C2C team so that's always nice thank you :goodjob:

hopefully a couple of people will try it for me and give me some feedback

FYI: aob86, I couldn't load 1900AD as a custom scenario in last Sunday's SVN build. Well ... I killed Civ4 after about an hour stuck in the loading screen.
Am I too impatient? :)

Unfortunately, it seems that this scenario is not compatible with SVN, at least with my copy. Zero division errors.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 463
FYI: aob86, I couldn't load 1900AD as a custom scenario in last Sunday's SVN build. Well ... I killed Civ4 after about an hour stuck in the loading screen.
Am I too impatient? :)

Unfortunately, it seems that this scenario is not compatible with SVN, at least with my copy. Zero division errors.

Yes I don't use SVN, to be honest i'd never heard of SVN before now, does any of the C2C modding team know why it would be incompatible with SVN and if there is anyway around it?

Top Bottom