(2-20) Proposal: Buff Manufactory

balparmak

Prince
The Manufactory doesn't scale as good as mines, and remains the weakest GPTI in my opinion.

Proposal: Manufactory should benefit from boosts given by buildings and policies to Mines, so it gains:
- +2 :c5production: from Forge and Siege Workshop,
- +1 :c5production: and +1 :c5gold: from Ostrog,

- +2 :c5production: and +1 :c5gold: from Entrepreneurship policy,
- +3 :c5production: from Five Year Plan tenet.

I sponsor this.

Last edited:
Can we not talk about buffing manufactories at the same time as buffing engineers and nerfing mines? You’re using benchmarks that you’re already in the middle of changing to justify further changes.

This is also one of the things that the global GPP proposal is meant to solve. This is becoming a mine/engineer arms race. If you buff engineers so they are competitive on raw :c5production:yields the’ you’re also inflating their value in core cities where those GPPs are meaningful.

Engineers also just got a huge buff to their bulb, and manufactories were indirectly buffed by that too, because the bulb scales off city production, which manufactories contribute to in addition to their % bulb modifier. Also also, they just got an additional +1 :c5production: on the tradition finisher.

You’re proposing turning like 3 different knobs while we just got done turning 2 other knobs a few weeks ago. This is too much too fast.

This is becoming a mine/engineer arms race. If you buff engineers so they are competitive on raw :c5production:yields the’ you’re also inflating their value in core cities where those GPPs are meaningful.
Very much agreed. This is why I want to see a yields reduction rather than buff.

Proposal sponsored by balparmak.

Top Bottom