2 Questions

MALIX

Chieftain
Hello, I have 2 questions;

1- When I enter the city screen, I can click on some tiles and they change, they become bigger or smaller. What is that for ?

2- Say I have a warrior on a hill, so I have some defense bonus. Next to me, there is an enemy warrior, standing on a tile that has no defense bonus. If I attack, do i still get some bonus for standing on the hill, or is it only when the enemy attacks me.

Thanks.

1. If you mean the items in them are bigger then that means the tile is currently being worked, the smaller ones could be worked as you expand.

2. No. You only get the hill bonus in defense.

This is all in the manual though!

Malix,
Your cities have population points that represent how much population a city has. In the city screen, it's the number right next to the city name. If, for instance, you city has 3 population points, it means that this city can work 3 tiles of the surrounding terrain (plus the center tile itself where the city is located; that tile is always worked regardless of population or your choices). So, when you click one tile where the production symbols are smaller, they become bigger and a white circle appears around them, indicating that you've taken a point of population from another place and put it there. The symbols indicate what exactly you will be producing there (in terms of food, hammers, and commerce). If you want the city governor to maximize city production for you, instead of having to check every single tile, just click on the center tile, where the city is located. This will turn on automation for the alocation of population points in this city. Also, you should check the buttons on the lower right corner of the city screen. Just hover your cursor over each button and you will get an explanation.

Top Bottom