2 vs 2 pbem - Any Interest

Sounds like fun.

I'd like to get a random civilization.

Do we want to wait a week to get BtS?

If not, I'd prefer Warlords to vanilla, but will play either.

I'd prefer we just do Warlords, if everyone's got it. I won't be getting BtS for a couple of weeks after it comes out probably. So now we have to decide settings.

Version: Warlords 2.13?
Map: Normal map like Continents? Or something like Team Battleground?
Size: Tiny?
Era: Ancient I'm assuming
Speed: Normal?
Difficulty level: ? Won't matter quite as much if we don't have AI, but it still does

I am already in a Warlords game that is not 2.13. I'll check the exact patch version and post later today.

Sticking with warlords is probably best as I really ought to get caught up on bills after a long costly month of car repairs. :p

I can't do vanilla, my CD only works sometimes, it's really not good. So, it depends on what you guys want to do. I'd be willing to organize a Warlords 2v2 PBEM if you guys are interested (and Dwarf), or you guys can do vanilla, someone just has to take the initiative here.

I am only at patch level 2.08 for Warlords and I already have a PBEM going with that patch level. Can I switch back and forth between the two patch levels?

AK
Then start another thread and I will close this one, or let it go.

With BTS out I'm not going to get warlords..

I guess I should have added vanilla to the title..

mustafathered,
You can do a dual install I think. I know I did with the nilla version.

@mustafathered
Actually, I myself haven't updated from 2.08 yet.

I will create a new thread tomorrow, anyone that originally signed up will be reserved a spot if they post here in the next day saying they want one.

@failed
I bet you can get a vanilla 2v2 PBEM going, but I'd start another thread since this one is kinda messed up already.

@AluminumKnight

My PBEM game may be converting to 2.13. I hope to know in a day or two.

All these patches and expansions at the same time has my head spinning! :crazyeye:

And yes, would like a spot if the patch thing gets sorted out.

I am only at patch level 2.08 for Warlords and I already have a PBEM going with that patch level. Can I switch back and forth between the two patch levels?

Yes you can. All you need to do is copy the files to different location and then you can just patch the original version, not the copied one, so that the copied one stays at 2.08 and the original will be at 2.13. I know that it works and is simple, since I have done it myself. If you play pitboss games also, then make sure that you have internet access for all the programs, from the firewall. I had that problem and as such, I could not connect to pitboss games since I could not access the internet from the game.

Top Bottom