#20 from Pre v36 Bug list Discussion

Well I'm getting a much better answer from you than I did Afforess or any of the other AND Team. I wish I could do more than just dig stuff up as I think this is a Good player Option to have available. But even so, if it's Not working at all would be good to know too.

Thanks DH for looking at this.

JosEPh

I have not added anything to the BUG Options Screen so I am not sure what needs to be done. Nor have I set defaults and linked to them in the definition XML for BUG modular Python.

Already there are too many tabs across the top of that screen.

Also you can't open the BUG Options screen with ctrl-alt-O any more because of the help text bug when you press the alt key without a unit selected.

I have not added anything to the BUG Options Screen so I am not sure what needs to be done. Nor have I set defaults and linked to them in the definition XML for BUG modular Python.

Already there are too many tabs across the top of that screen.

Also you can't open the BUG Options screen with ctrl-alt-O any more because of the help text bug when you press the alt key without a unit selected.

I'm not too concerned about this being added to the BUG screen as I agree there is too much stuff there and I don't understand half of it either. But if the Config.ini is functional, even where it's located now, For Me that would be very good.

JosEPh

DH are you saying that the C2C Config file.ini T-brd adjusted Does or Does Not work?

I'm confused and getting moreso by the AND team as they recently completely removed that config.ini file from their mod. 45* says it never worked for AND or C2C for that matter.

It's been a Bad day from the get go this morning. :( (My best friend died yesterday morning and I just found out this morning. He was 64. :sad: very :sad: ).

JosEPh

It is working.

:sad:4U. Only close a call with one of my friends so far. But he is ancient 68 and that was on his motrorbike;)

edit Testing shows that the config file needs to stay where it is.

Been trying to get the AND guys to understand and that the original Config.ini they removed should be put back, if they want that code to work.

And Thanks for the condolences.

JosEPh

It's been a Bad day from the get go this morning. :( (My best friend died yesterday morning and I just found out this morning. He was 64. :sad: very :sad: ).

JosEPh

Yeah saw that you wrote on fb, sorry.

It is working.

edit Testing shows that the config file needs to stay where it is.

Correct, as far as I remember that is. .

. why does the AND team think its not working, when we put that into the game, I asked Zappara about this because I didn't like the python stuff, but he said it worked better and was easier for the game status as he put it, so I said, ok you know python, I don't. . .

why does the AND team think its not working, when we put that into the game, I asked Zappara about this because I didn't like the python stuff, but he said it worked better and was easier for the game status as he put it, so I said, ok you know python, I don't. . .

dbkblk thought that since the EnhancedTechConquest.new file was already in the Assets\Config folder that the 2nd Config.ini file (zappara's original Mod-Enhanced Tech Conquest) in the Main directory was redundant.

Afforess and 45* both even chimed in. 45* thought that neither had been working for a long time in both AND and C2C.

So I kept going back and forth between here with DH and then the AND team. As I want this Config file to work And be available to the player to manipulate as it has been in the past. There are games where I would like to acquire every Tech I don't have that an Advanced AI does by taking down one of his big cities. Or the Fear that an AI will take one of My cities when I have the Tech lead and catch up to me in Tech. Making for a stronger Opponent if he can capture one of mine. I think in certain games would make the AI more aggressive especially if Scientific Victory Condition is On (remember I don't use Mastery Victory because I feel it slows and confuses the AI down too much) I only use 2-3 Victory conditions anymore.

JosEPh

Top Bottom