• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

2Announced Civ this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking somebody from the Almoravid or the Almohad dynasties.
No particular reason, though.

But maybe it's Masanisa or Jugharta of the Numidians :p

From the sounds of things he was ambitious and a masterful diplomat, but he did not leave the realm in a better condition than he found it. He depleted the coffers with his building projects and wasted his military trying to hold on to the Songhai territory.

I prefer Yusuf ibn Tashfin. He brought al-Andalus into his dynasty and founded Marrakech. He was the opponent of El Cid.

Edit: Nevermind, I somehow did not see that last 5 pages of the thread and replied to an outdated first page post.

He was the opponent of El Cid.
Don't you mean the employer of El Cid? :p El Cid is an Arabic name ;)
And he fought for anyone that wanted to pay him :) (If I'm not mistaken)
In 1081, El Cid, went on to offer his services to the Moorish king of the northeast Al-Andalus city of Zaragoza, Yusuf al-Mu'taman ibn Hud, and served both him and his successor, Al-Mustain II. He was given the title El Cid (The Master) and served as a leading figure in a vibrant Moorish force consisting of Muladis, Berbers, Arabs and Malians.
But of course he is more known for his services to the Catholic noblemen :)

From the sounds of things he was ambitious and a masterful diplomat, but he did not leave the realm in a better condition than he found it. He depleted the coffers with his building projects and wasted his military trying to hold on to the Songhai territory.

I prefer Yusuf ibn Tashfin. He brought al-Andalus into his dynasty and founded Marrakech. He was the opponent of El Cid.

Well, if we also want to factor in that UA reveal it could also be:

Abd-al-Rahman (Abderrahmane)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_al-Rahman_of_Morocco

Abd al-Rahman turned to foreign trade, which had been cut off by the prior sultan, as way to reap in customs revenue, and began to negotiate a series of trade treaties with various European powers

It could be any. If anyone could recognize the tunic the leader is wearing though it could help. It look's like a bunch of pockets.

The wikipedia page of Ahmad al-Mansur and the brightened Leader head makes it very certain that it's gonna be him.. the wikipedia age also sais he is a well know and respected leader so that fits the bill too

oasis by the left, desert by the right, wearing some clothes look like djelaba. the total make me feel we have to search in nomadism way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom