3.0 discussion

What's the status on music? I have some artists who are real unknown and would definitely not sue, but I'm wondering where the limit is. Is a band like propighandi, defiance ohio, this bike is a pipe bomb and whatnot good? Where is the line drawn?

there is a graphic for cocaine here tell me what you think. i want any drugs to be tradeable luxuries and maybe we can even come up with a building too. (you know come to think of it we need unique buildings too)

My thoughts on the resources: It should give +1 Happiness and -1 Health immediately. Maybe it should allow access to a "Black Market" type building for Rebels (which adds gold, increases unhappiness, and allows Russian and Chinese military units to be built) and a "Covert Operations" building for National governments (which reduces war weariness and allows access to Hidden Nationality units); Ollie North would be proud of the latter.

What's the status on music? I have some artists who are real unknown and would definitely not sue, but I'm wondering where the limit is. Is a band like propighandi, defiance ohio, this bike is a pipe bomb and whatnot good? Where is the line drawn?

i plan on using local indie AZ music, and also propaghandi and stuff would be good as long as they are so political they wouldn't sue us (not sellouts)

the music will be the very last touches, and will also be a separate download from the mod. kinda a music patch. that means we can submit the mod to websites that might have a problem with that/

My thoughts on the resources: It should give +1 Happiness and -1 Health immediately. Maybe it should allow access to a "Black Market" type building for Rebels (which adds gold, increases unhappiness, and allows Russian and Chinese military units to be built) and a "Covert Operations" building for National governments (which reduces war weariness and allows access to Hidden Nationality units); Ollie North would be proud of the latter.

these are great. see if you can't judge some good community graphics out for them.

also we could get a list of unique buildings. remember most of the civ vanilla buildings will alreadyt be built in cities.

these are great. see if you can't judge some good community graphics out for them.

also we could get a list of unique buildings. remember most of the civ vanilla buildings will alreadyt be built in cities.

I can make buttons for those easily, here are the pics I plan to start with for them:

Covert Op:

Black Market:

I will start a building thread. I do not mind starting from scratch when it comes to buildings since many can be merged, expanded, deleted, etc.

I know, a lot of the buttons I have made started from pics around that size, which I first cut, then resized in GIMP. GIMP is good about limiting distortions.

I made quickly (meaning I rushed) made versions of what the buttons would look like; I know the covert ops button needs little more editing (brightness/contrast and better centering from the original).

Attachments

• blackmarket.jpg
    blackmarket.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 401
  • covertop.jpg
    covertop.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 412
can you find better bricks of drugs? those just dont look distinct enough. maybe with them lying on a table of contrasting color, and not brick stacked.

also i think that the black market should be either a non-unique building, or maybe even a national wonder?

can you find better bricks of drugs? those just dont look distinct enough. maybe with them lying on a table of contrasting color, and not brick stacked.

also i think that the black market should be either a non-unique building, or maybe even a national wonder?

I'll find a better button, it will just take more time than it would usually take me since I have a new computer and am in the middle of data transfer.

I agree that covert ops/black market should be a National Wonder, however, I think Covert Ops should only be available for nations (Mexico, US, Cuba) and Black Market should only be available for a guerrillas.

How is this pic from wikipedia work for a starting point? Yes, I know I have a lot of work to do scaling it down.

Either one is good enough for me.

Anywhoo, I am pretty sure Canada is a nation state, not a guerrilla force. I am also concerned about balancing problems that could occur if we restrict building of wonders like this.

well you were right to restrict via the half/half. there are 3 "nation states" and 3 counter-movements. it would be good to do that coz we can make the "freedom tower" a wonder available to the statists. i really like that idea, lets come up with 2-3 wonders for each (and not support wonders :) i want them available to all)

Statists
1. Freedom Tower (already in mod)
2. Camp X-Ray (Guantanamo Detention Camp)
3. NAFTA Superhighway (asioasioasio's Autobahn graphics work)

Revolutionaries
1. Carhenge (mainly since the graphics are created for it)
2. Women's Revolutionary Law (Graphics of Women's Suffrage work)
3. New Black Panther Party (I don't know what to use for graphics; I could do a Support Building retext since that is easy to do with GIMP)

I also think Tikal (Chichen Itza graphics) have a minor effect and Xochimilco floating gardens (using Hanging Gardens graphics) be added. Mexico and Southern Rebels seemed to be lacking existing wonders. The same goes for Cuba, the most I found was a list of landmarks of Havana

very good. i think we need to focus on wonders 'yet to build'. i mean the wonders that exist in vanilla civ would be perfect test beds to re-write for the modern era, for pre built wonders.

Generalstaff mentioned the tek tree in his thread there, how you had planned to expand it. What is the deal with that anyway? What can we expect on that front? When can we expect it? How do you want to develop it? Were you going to tackle it or should we add our input? I could build a primitive graphical representation of it that we could use to make suggestions and generally discuss what changes will and should be made. It could be usefull to brainstorm the whole thing before making changes and it would be particularly helpful to generalstaff for his buildings XML as well as other stuff.

I'm still here but my progress has been stalled by Christmas and some first aid certification I will be working on for the next few weeks.

Don't worry I'm not in jail... yet.

So next week sometime I hope to have a bug free version of a slimmed down events xml.

Top Bottom