[3.10] City state diplomacy mod incompatibility

skodkim

Deity
Hi

With version 3.10 compatibility with City State Diplomacy mod seems broken. I've set USING_CSD and DISABLE_GOLD_GIFTS to 1 in Cat_Options.sql. Furthermore I've made sure gold gifting is disabled in the options file from CSD and still I'm able to give gold gifts to City States.

A quick search of the CIN/CAT/CEP files shows that "DISABLE_GOLD_GIFTS" are only found in Cat_Options.sql.

As inspiration on how to do this I've uploaded the options.sql file from CSD and the file optional.sql which alters values based on the options.sql file. This makes gold missions cost 0 gold and you get 0 influence from them (see screenshot). Not as good a solution as in GEM where the gold gifting option was removed from the city state diplomacy screen (as far as I recall).

As suggested by Stackpointer here I've tried making a reference to CEP in CSD's modinfo file but this makes CSD corrupt - units simply do no show up and aren't buildable. Logs attached - you'll see errors concerning the units.

Ir would be really nice if we could get them fully compatible again :)

\Skodkim

Just to clarify, the fact that the options is only found in the CAT mod is not a problem. The options set there still are set after the other mods are loaded.

Is it only from 3.10 that it is broken, or has CEG never worked with it?

Has CSD changed since it was last useable with GEM?

I will examine the GEM code and see if anything is missing, don't think that is the case though.

Remove the reference in the modinfo and delete lines 328 to 342 in CEG\Diplomacy\CED_Data.xml. It looks like GEM solved this problem through modifications in the city state diplomacy window. Since we have not reintroduced that change, this will have to do.

PHP:
		<Update>
			<Where Name="MINOR_GOLD_GIFT_SMALL"/>
			<Set Value="250"/>
			<!-- 250 -->
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Name="MINOR_GOLD_GIFT_MEDIUM"/>
			<Set Value="500"/>
			<!-- 500 -->
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Name="MINOR_GOLD_GIFT_LARGE"/>
			<Set Value="1000"/>
			<!-- 1000 -->
		</Update>

I reckon the biggest difficulty we will face with this at the moment is the fact it now uses a DLL to handle some of the BNW specific functions.

When it was just a data edit mod the differences between it and Thal's work could be easily worked out with optional changes to the database table.

hey guys I got it to work. One thing that was bugging me was a unit wasn't showing up, but apparently no units are buildible until philosophy in the bnw version. I clear out my cashe and reinstalled everything and it works with cep...as far as I can see. Accept I could still give money for influence.

It Works fine if you dont use the reference and delete the lines in CED_Data.xml.

A more elegant solution for the not so experienced modder would of course be nice but this is fine for now :)

\Skodkim

I reckon the biggest difficulty we will face with this at the moment is the fact it now uses a DLL to handle some of the BNW specific functions.

When it was just a data edit mod the differences between it and Thal's work could be easily worked out with optional changes to the database table.

Hey all,

The DLL is optional – it adds some nice AI tweaks to make them play a bit smarter, but that's it. Everything else is similar (if not identical) to pre-BNW CSD.

The relatively 'rough' nature of the disabling of gold gifts is to reduce the amount of changes that CSD makes. Simply deleting the LUA references to the city-state menu doesn't restrict the AI from gifting, thus the more crass '0 gold for 0 influence' method was created.

I think the easiest way for CEP to disable gold gifts is using the method I used (plus the LUA removal, if they want it to be cleaner-looking) and just have a sql callback to the disable_gold_gifts options in CEP's options file.

For anyone working on CEP, feel free to just borrow my modifications from CSD (if nothing else, as a stopgap until there is a better solution).

Thanks for the clarification Gazebo!

Having never played with your mod (sorry:mischief:) I was making a few assumptions.
Good to see you are aware of the issue and working it out.

Thanks for the clarification Gazebo!

Having never played with your mod (sorry:mischief:) I was making a few assumptions.
Good to see you are aware of the issue and working it out.

I'm aware of it, but I can only go halfway. What does CEP need from me to get things in-line? :)

For a path to work on, I'm afraid I can't help you. I simply don't know enough of your mod to be of any use. However, there are a number of users of both the mods that will be able to give some assistance. Skodkim, wolverine2112 & stackpointer have been looking into this lately and Thalassicus is currently somewhere on the forum and may drop by and put some insight to the matter.

For a path to work on, I'm afraid I can't help you. I simply don't know enough of your mod to be of any use. However, there are a number of users of both the mods that will be able to give some assistance. Skodkim, wolverine2112 & stackpointer have been looking into this lately and Thalassicus is currently somewhere on the forum and may drop by and put some insight to the matter.

Sounds good. If it helps you or anyone else involved in this, I've just recently (i.e. a few hours ago) finished redoing all of the 'incompatible' bits of CSD in enable/disable-ready SQL. Should help us isolate problem areas.

I look forward to seeing what happens with CEP in the future.
G

I personally would love to see CSD and CEP integrated if possible and convenient.

Changing the silly gold gifts into an engaging system like Gazebo did adds nicely to the game.

I personally would love to see CSD and CEP integrated if possible and convenient.

Changing the silly gold gifts into an engaging system like Gazebo did adds nicely to the game.

I feel this is beyond the scope of this mod. Between military, great people, trade units, and religious units I already have too many units to manage.

Top Bottom