LivingDog

Warlord
Yes, the movie.

I am playing my 2nd Warlord game ever. Normal map, with only 2 AI and an idiot who clicks the mouse alot. I was pleasantly surprised that this thing I am about to mention happened.

1) looking for a spot to start I found a friendly merc
2) built R and I, then built capital
3) used merc to search land, found some stuff (no biggie, just sayin')
4) saw that an area was narrow and thought ... FIND A BOTTLENECK!!!
5) I kept going hoping to find a better place and did! The bottleneck is pictured in the upper left corner of the Map View. See the attached image.
6) the Russians introduced themselves and I traded 2 low techs for 2 higher techs BUT the fun was about to start.
7) France destroyed by Russians! Now it's mano-a-mano!

The naughty Russians kept pestering me for a parley. Now I'm not one to not want to talk... except to icky girls! (who we all know have cooties!) :p ... anyway, I started saying "NO" to this question, "The Russians want to annoy you again, will you let them???" It turns out that they have accepted that answer and have not gone ape on my lowly Merc sittin' all alone in the mountains waiting for their CiC to say hi-hi and all with what's up?

Centuries have passed so far and all I get is this constant request and a bunch of Russian Milita and Legions trying to walk passed my NOW 1 Merc, 3 veteran Legions, and 1 veteran Chariot... bwahahahaha... :goodjob:

How long will it last? Did I discover a glitch? Will the Russians eventually find romance in the mountains where my 5 units are FORTIFIED!?! Stay tuned... and watch the skies!

Attachments

• 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 105
Well, nothing good lasts forever. Suddenly, out of -literally- no where, the Germans showed up and started talking trash. So I said "Don't do it." and they didn't... huh, showed them I aint no jive turkey to be callin' a fool and all.

Seriously, the Germans did show up even though they were not part of the game. There were only 3 AI and me... and I don't know how to count. :/

So apparently the Germans were always ... wait a minute. When I asked the Russians to start a war, there were only the French to chose from. ... wat-eva'...

Anyway, here it is 1820 AD and so far the Russian military is still trying to get passed that small mountain army (1 Merc, 3 vet Legion, 1 vet Chariot, 2 vet Cats : ) I have stationed there. BTW, I put them at the edge so that no other unit can be on the same footing as my troops. So in front of them is flat ground and they are on the only mountain peak.

Anyway, the one German Legion made nice and is now roaming the countryside looking for a frau to plow. LOL!

Attachments

• Germans.jpg
    Germans.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 81
So I decided to liven things up a bit and ATTACK those perpetually annoying Russians: "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ..." Enough! So the order from on high came down to get the Russians off my map! I proceeded to blind side them with my alluring ways and said: "If you drop dead in front of us, we won't destroy you." Naturally they didn't agree so I HAD to destroy them... you see my point?

Anyway, the attached image shows the state of affairs up to 1994 AD.

Oh, and that blank spot, where that little hilly peninsula is on the left coast? That's where Leningrad USE to be ... bu-bye :wavey:

Ironically, this is my 100th post, and my new Title: OVERLORD UBERMENSCH UNIVERSEUS... oh wait, it only says "warlord"... yeesh, how many posts until that title ... 30 billion?!?

Attachments

• Then it got ugly.jpg
    Then it got ugly.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 125
Top Bottom