(30a) Counterproposal: Infiltrators rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Counter proposal to this: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/proposal-infiltrators-rework.679451/

Instead of removing the adjacent friendly unit component entirely:

Infiltrators
+25% CS outside friendly territory, +25% CS when attacking wounded units, -15% CS if adjacent to a friendly unit
+15% CS outside friendly territory, +15% CS when attacking wounded units, +10% CS if not adjacent to any friendly unit

This makes the total +CS the same if fulfilling all requirements while not conditionally penalizing the unit.

If we look at base infiltrators, it was commonly giving +35% (+50% - 15%). This version will give 30% most of the time, 40% if you go all the way. I think that's roughly in balance with the other one, and feels less "penalizing". So I like it.

The initial impression I get is that the total value might be a bit high. A comparable T4 promotion in Firing Doctrine offers only +25% RCS when attacking units over 50% HP, while the current proposal offers up to +40% CS, with 25% of that being applicable on the defense. I don't particularly mind it though as long as others are okay with it.

The bigger issue would be that I don't think there's a column/table that supports the non-adjacency bonus in the proposal, so it would need to be added.

You can solve it with having a general bonus CS that is decreased if you're adjacent, and just not say it that way in the text.

Is there anything that currently supports that without stacking with multiple units though?

I sponsor this change, but need additional DLL modder for a "CS if no adjacent" column. Otherwise I'll go for a generic CS bonus + negative CS if adjacent to friendly unit, which could be confusing in the combat sim.

Proposal Sponsors: azum4roll & axatin (combined effort).

(Sponsors have indicated that they are able and willing to perform the code changes required for this proposal if the community votes Aye on it. Other coders are free to sponsor this as well. A proposal without a sponsor will not advance to the Voting Phase.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom