3D Model & Motion Templates, for aspiring creators: Proposal

I believe 3dsmax would be the way to go, as for its used mostly for games, and its easyto get nice stuff done, for a respectable time frame, also depanding if your looking at ral, or toon shaded, it works too.

I would be willing to giveit a try for animating. im not super but im good enough

if ppl wonder...
they can always checkout my web site to see my stuff

http://members.tripod.com/lt_tarantulas/

Just need a list of what animaton to include, and an idea whats needed... so the modeler and animator (if different person)
can communicate good, sot he end product pleases everyone.

as for 'template' some does exist on free 3d site.. like 3dcafe.com you got loootsa places, trucks, cars, jets, boats.

but some will needto be made from, scratch.

hmm
should...CAD is made by Autodesk.. which brought Disccreet, max maker... i beleive we can import those. not sure about export.
Would need to check

and yup...gmax might work.. i have no mess with it tho..so cant say anything define

Originally posted by OmniMower
Can you put textures and surfaces on models that are complete in CAD (.igs, .stl formats) . Cause that would be great!
Yes, I believe that max can import CAD models.

here..

just attached a screenshot, from max help file, bout autocad importing

it works

whats listed there is imported, whats not lsited, isnt tho.

Omini

I can do that. :)
let try on a sample... if u like the results, we can always do more work.

Omni, I could texture something in the Future aswell. I need to get better at it.

I'm learning Maya now (pre learning, cus we have courses in 3D, and have a new teacher who only uses Maya... so I got Maya from school, and now I'm doing 1 lesson a day from books.)

But I know how to create UVW maps in 3DStudio Max, and I'm pretty good with PhotoShop 7.0.

And helping you would be excellent practice on texturing for me. If I get the time ;)

This does sound like a good idea :) And I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring... Using Poser 4 and Moray I'm currently working on a human model... I plan on making a default/run/death and maybe several versions of attack... It will be a naked model that others can use to cut and paste different heads etc. I also plan on making 3 or four versions... A man/woman/musclular man/and maybe a muscular woman... I could also shrink the model for use in Fantasy mods as Goblins etc. I'm just starting out but it looks to me that I can do it with relative ease (much easier now that I have Poser :) )... I thought I'd have a sword swing/stab and a spear thrust... and then any other attacks that doesn't cover could be made to order when someone needs it... Apparently my retirement was premature :) This is a long project so don't expect it tomorrow but I thought I'd let people know what I'm doing.

Actually there is a program called 3Dwin... It allows someone to convert between many different formats... I'm currently Exporting Poser files as 3ds and then using this program to convert them into UDO objects which I can import into Moray... Are you sure you need 3dsMax? I don't and I imported a 3ds jeep file... I'm using Poser 4... with the ProPack...

Top Bottom