3D Model & Motion Templates, for aspiring creators: Proposal

Ive got some standard models of men, tanks, planes and horses etc..
About the only file I can import or export is DXF. The problems are that it does not include textures- you would have to add them your self.
Sounds like a good idea, I've recently managed to cut my cuting and pasting time in half by eliminating the "Cut" part of the action. So for me animation is not quite the pain it once was, but it still takes as long to do the rendering as it does to do the pasting because I have to do the animation "live" as I render- Once I get a proper 3d program it should be a breeze.

Yes textures would be a problem..... I was thinking about that a few days ago..... because (at least with rhino) the are imported via file path name. Next time I save, I'll double check, but I am pretty damn sure rhino can save it's models in at least 20 different formats, including .3do.

Well then...

1 person do the moddeling.
1 person do the texturing and
1 person do the animation...

I already posted this in another thread, but no one took up the chalenge; But to get the ball rolling I'm going to post my heavy bomber model; planes are quite easy to animate so it should be a good starting point for a beginer; it doesn't include texture (I think it comes in a default orange) so someone will have to picksome.

If any one wants any of my other models, just post a request and I'll post a DXF model.

BomberDXF

I checked and rhino can import and export most 3d files, including autocad, lightwav, moray, and all the other major ones I have seen posted here.

File formats supported by Rhinoceros 2.0: DWG/DXF(AutoCAD 2000, 14, 13, and 12 ), SAT (ACIS), X_T (Parasolid), 3DS, LWO, STL, OBJ, AI, RIB, POV, UDO, VRML, BMP, TGA, JPG, CSV (export properties and hydrostatics), uncompressed TIFF, STEP, VDA, GHS, SLC, Deep Paint 4D.

IGES (Alias, Ashlar Vellum, AutoFORM, AutoShip, Breault, CADCEUS, CAMSoft, CATIA, Cosmos, Delcam, FastSurf, FastSHIP, Integrity Ware, IronCAD, LUSAS, Maya, MAX 3.0, MasterCAM, ME30, Mechanical Desktop, Microstation, NuGraf, OptiCAD, Pro/E, SDRC I-DEAS, Softimage, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, SUM3D, SURFCAM, TeKSoft, Unigraphics), NASA GridTool, Yamaha ESPRi.

There are many comments here, but it's still far away fom prime KalEl's wish : have standard models !

Could anyone post a human model ?

It would be a great start !

If someone could do some standard animations (skeleton) aswell, that would be awesome.

I'm almost done with a naked human model... I've got the default, run, and death finished. I'm going to make a sword type attack and post it here somewhere... Then I thought I'd do a few more different attack styles... Or maybe just wait for a request. next couple of days and I'll post it.

I was just thinking that... Now I'm just posting the FLC files... The actual Moray files are huge, so it's only really useful for cut and paste editing. I'm trying to find a way to shrink the files size so i can post the actual Moray file for anyone who uses that, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

In Moray you can set what image format the renders are saved in... I just save them in BMP and then open that file in an image editor and paste it into the PCX I get out of Flicster. So for an animation I render each frame individually and paste it into the PCX then render the next frame etc. Any other questions?

In 3D studio Max you can actually render a animation into .FLC's.. I don't know how the result will be but I will look into it.

Top Bottom