kine100

Warlord
3rd Generation Advanced MBTs M1a2, Type-10, K2

American M1a2 Abrams MBT wiki
Japanese Type 10 Hitomaru MBT wiki
Korean K2 Black Panther wiki
(Alphabetical order)

Now, animations are attached properly.
The turrets are popping up and the barrels are recoiling.

Thanks a lot for Walter Hawkwood, the author of Realism Invictus
teaching me how to animate units.

DOWNLOAD HERE

adv_3rd_MBTs.jpg
adv_3rd_MBTs02.jpg

Last edited:
I rigged the Type 10 so the turret rotates and barrel recoils

I had some problems with the the other two models when separating the parts unfortunately with missing triangles
of the mesh:

View attachment 528199

View attachment 528200

Don't know why this happens.

K2, I had same problems and I simply soved it with material adjust function in nifskope by the chance...
I dun know why but it is ok in blender and output.
Try the slider to the lighter side if it is located on dark side(sounds like a jedi thing...)
for M1a2 I modified the modernarmor in original game and it is ok in blender and game.. starange..

I will bring the guys in blender and see what I cand do~
and May I ask to share your outputs when done..??

Capture02.JPG

Last edited:
Since you're posting all the K2s here, and I've been working on it, you've practically forced my hand! :lol:

K2.jpg

Here's mine - it's fully animated (modern armor anims), the model is ok, if a bit heavy-ish (though not more so than the ones you posted).

BTW, kine100, if you have 3dsMax at hand, I could give you a quick primer on how to animate stuff - it's not that complicated if you know what to do, especially with mechanical units. Your stuff is great, and would be even better if properly animated.

Attachments

• K2.7z
    58.8 KB · Views: 166
Since you're posting all the K2s here, and I've been working on it, you've practically forced my hand! :lol:

View attachment 528728

Here's mine - it's fully animated (modern armor anims), the model is ok, if a bit heavy-ish (though not more so than the ones you posted).

BTW, kine100, if you have 3dsMax at hand, I could give you a quick primer on how to animate stuff - it's not that complicated if you know what to do, especially with mechanical units. Your stuff is great, and would be even better if properly animated.

Thanks a lot for your job and it will be great thing to get the animation know-how.
I have some units waiting for proper animations which I do not know.. without the animations they are just walking tin cans on the battle field.
Also, I am trying to reduce the weight of the models and it is design matter.

Right, so I will happily give you a brief rundown of how animating civ 4 stuff in 3dsMax works - if you have it, let's take this to PMs so as not to clutter unit release threads. Then you will no longer have to cut models to parts... :)

Right, so I will happily give you a brief rundown of how animating civ 4 stuff in 3dsMax works - if you have it, let's take this to PMs so as not to clutter unit release threads. Then you will no longer have to cut models to parts... :)
Now, the 3 models are updated with animations.
They do their job, now.

Thank you~

Top Bottom