[Vote] (4-12) Proposal: Greatly Reduce Tourism Modifiers from Techs

Approval Vote for Proposal #12 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting this reference. Care to explain?
Everything from the design of the mouse, to the fact that the standard keyboard layout is the QWERTY system. The majority of the world took these standards on because of the early computer makers that utilized them.

Everything from the design of the mouse, to the fact that the standard keyboard layout is the QWERTY system. The majority of the world took these standards on because of the early computer makers that utilized them.
I see. I was thinking about different kind of adoption :crazyeye:

And using color instead of colour in CSS, for example.

Something I have been asking for a while about the CV victory prevalence: how many of them are dedicated attempts at CV, and how many are unintentional? Typically a world conquest might end up in CV before, but that's not CV's fault. Nerfing the tech modifiers affects everyone, including dedicated CV. And dedicated, usually tall CV is a big risk: you lose the ability to hurt other runaway players. So a related question is: how many losses are dedicated CV attempts too.

As mentioned in the korea proposal, I'm a bit wary about tall play falling off. This might be unwarranted but several people had this impression, I don't know if there is more feedback about that. And I fear a nerf to dedicated CV is yet another nerf to tall play. And in the (to be confimed) hypothesis that many CVs are accidental, then this nerf won't change the fact that those games are already won, no matter the victory type. A related difficulty is how to enable both tall play and wide CV play, as these 2 tend to have opposed effects.

In the end, what CV needs is maybe more trade-offs, instead of blanket nerfs. I just wouldn't know which ones.

Tall does not force you into CV. SV is just as viable, and you can even go on a conquering spree if you want.

Tall does not force you into CV. SV is just as viable, and you can even go on a conquering spree if you want.
I will disagree. Tall has a strong primary on CV with a secondary in SV.

Tall is particularly good at CV, and I think flat out superior to wide in this context.

With SV, i think Tall has an edge in the pure science you need. However SV is a lot more than just getting to the techs. You have to survive the other VCs, and you often have to survive against the power of late game militaries. That is a weakness of tall, they often lack “force projection”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom