Approval Vote for Proposal #67

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" for every proposal you'd be okay with if it were implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if these proposals weren't implemented. You can vote for any number of options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 4, Proposal 67

Current Situation :

Shared expiry conditions:
  • CS is no longer alive
  • CS has lost its Capital
Specific for the "conquer city" quest:
  • 50 turns have passed
  • Target city no longer exists, but not destroyed by the player
@azum4roll's proposal :

Proposal:
Remove the timer
Remove the player check if target city no longer exists. Revoke even if the player was the one who destroyed the city.
Add the following conditions:

• Player is at peace with and cannot declare war on the current owner of the target city, or the war declaration will result in a backstab
  • The current owner of the target city is a CS that is allied with the player
  • CS (the quest giver) owns the target city
Also make the target invalid if one of the above conditions is met, when trying to give the quest.

Rationale:
Taking a city can take time. It feels bad if it expires partway through the siege.
We should not punish the player to be stuck with the quest if they chose to destroy the target city.
Backstabbing should not be encouraged.

Implementation details: DLL code change required

@Anarcomu 's proposal :

(see discussion before vote for this proposal there)
Proposal:
Remove the timer
Remove the player check if target city no longer exists. Revoke even if the player was the one who destroyed the city.
Add the following conditions:

• Player is at peace with and cannot declare war on the current owner of the target city, or the war declaration will result in a backstab
  • The current owner of the target city is a CS that is allied with the player
  • CS (the quest giver) owns the target city

Also make the target invalid if one of the above conditions is met, when trying to give the quest.

Rationale :
This is the exact same proposal, with the only exception is that the timer is kept.
Some people have expressed their agreement with the proposal with this only exception, so I'm just making a counterproposal keeping timer. See original pos

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the expiration is fine, sometimes you want to let it expire i.e. I had it happen recently, where I got quest to capture a city of a Civ next to me, that I was planning to go to war with anyway at some point, that civ had 8 or 9 cities, and the city picked by CS for quest was furthest away from me, behind capital, and not coastal, and I would likely not able to get to it within 50 turns, and I didn't really want to conquer entire Civ just to get the quest, but I could have let the quest expire and it might have changed to a city closer to me.

One idea I have to help with "Taking a city can take time" point, although I don't know if it would be doable code-wise, is maybe leave the 50 turns expiration, but extend the quest duration by another 50 turns when you declare a war with owner of the targetted city?

Last edited:
This is one I don't agree with personally, I do think the timer is good to put pressure on the player to get the job done. Same if someone else takes it first. I personally think this one should stay as is.

There's still kinda a timer that expires when your friend/your DP/your DP of DP grabs the city instead of you. Or the target signs a DP with your friend.

I like the timer because 30% of the time I have 0 intention of capturing the target city and I want the chance of getting a better roll next time

same as the others I think the timer is fine and good

However, I am strongly in favor of adding all the other conditions

Sponsored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom