(5-CP) CounterProposal : Change God of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarcomu

King
Original post
Inspiration post

Current God of War, as of Congress 3:
:c5faith:Faith from Kills (175% of unit CS), and Melee units heal for 10 points after killing a military unit.
+2:c5faith:2:c5production: from Barracks.

Proposal:
:c5faith:Faith from Kills (150% of unit CS), and Melee units gain 4 XP after killing a military unit.
+2:c5faith:1:c5production: from Barracks.

Reason:
After playing a while with this pantheon, I found that I can reliably found very early in the game, and even enhanced early as well (though "Hero Worship" might be the reason there), so reducing :c5faith: on kill to 150% looks okay in my book.
The heal on kill is indeed very strong, allowing you to keep pushing, so I propose a bonus 4 XP on melee kill ; it makes your units less "tanky" and add a bonus which exists nowhere else (except with India 4UC).
The faith and production to barracks stacks with Authority which also buff barracks, making them super-buildings. I think reducing :c5production: by 1 would be ok.

Implementation Difficulty: Medium. Units gaining XP after killing a military unit would require new code.

Last edited by a moderator:
The India 4UC is crazy strong and as a perma-warmonger I welcome this being applied to all my units.

This may be OP, I'm down to try 😂

@pineappledan does your India's UU from 4UC apply XP on kill via promotion ? If it does, do you think implementing this proposal would still require new code, or simply taking your own code to do it ?

That 4UC ability is done with lua, and so it is not a simple matter of copying that over. It needs DLL integration.

I’m not in favor of a pantheon that manipulates XP; I think you’re just swapping 1 problem with an evergreen combat bonus making the pantheon too relevant for another. However, a little more 4UC dll integration would be nice :)

Note that implementing beliefs by giving promotions is probably not a good idea as beliefs can be lost.

Unless you change the description to "... Melee Units trained in this City gain 4 XP ..."

Note that implementing beliefs by giving promotions is probably not a good idea as beliefs can be lost.
God of war actually uses a promotion, which also means that killing a unit with a city dos not rewards faith...

If this wins, pretty-please add the XP on kills as a promotion ability, rather than tied into the belief table? That way it can be used in other places 👉👈😬

Last edited:
If this wins, pretty-please add the XP on kills as a promotion ability, rather than tied into the belief table? That way it can be used in other places 👉👈😬
That's how I intend to do it. Also the current god-of-war healing bonus is given through a promotion.

Please change the description wording like I said then. And if none of these God of War/Goddess of Protection proposals pass, please change those wordings as well.

PROPOSAL was combined with other counterproposals in the master voting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom