Resource icon

50 Turn Counterspy 1.01

PoundedChicken

Chieftain
50 Turn Counterspy increases turn count for Counterspy ops to 50 (on Standard speed)

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere yet, so thought I'd post one of the more obvious mods.

This sets the turn count for any Counterspy operations to 50 (on Standard speed).

You can always cancel the operation by clicking the spy in the city/district as normal.

Remember that the Machiavellianism policy will also reduce this.

Last edited:
i edited the xml to 99 turns now stay there you dumb spy and quit bothering me!

Last edited:
The game needs this, I found it easier to just loose the money they steal than piss around with spies re-employing spies.

this doesn't work i have it set to 99 and it still asks for missions every 5 turns

i have my spy on counterspy after 5 turns they stop and ask to be sent on a mission again.

it was a new game. i had to edit the UnitOperations manually for it to actually work.

it was a new game. i had to edit the UnitOperations manually for it to actually work.

Really strange. It works for me whenever I test or adjust etc. Has anyone had this issue with it too?

(Side note, latest patch has bumped it from 8 to 16 turns at Standard Speed).

Worked fine for me by setting it to 1500. I manually switched the spy's operation after about 70 turns of counter-spying and no problems with that either. The spy had foiled successfully about 3-4 hostile spying operations meanwhile.
The game turn-text should support even higher numbers but 1500 should be enough for a Marathon match if someone actually wants to plays that long.

I want to use this Mod but it deselects itself whenever I try to use it. I am using a slew of other mods though, maybe that is why. Thought I would mention that is doesn't play nice with other mods it seems. :)

Firaxis needs to fix this in game, it shouldn't be like this, it should be a selection in game menu to control this mayhem. It takes a great game and turns it into a micromanagement nightmare when you have over 15 cities especially. :D

Nice one! I made exactly the same mod last night (after not looking properly here) but haven't tested with other mods yet - will give you some feedback once I have. A well needed addition to the game :)

I want to use this Mod but it deselects itself whenever I try to use it. I am using a slew of other mods though, maybe that is why. Thought I would mention that is doesn't play nice with other mods it seems. :)

Not too sure what logic Firaxis uses for conflicts yet, but this is possibly the most basic mod ever made. Perhaps one of the other mods has included in the modinfo that it's not compatible with this one and that's why it deactivates?

Firaxis needs to fix this in game, it shouldn't be like this, it should be a selection in game menu to control this mayhem. It takes a great game and turns it into a micromanagement nightmare when you have over 15 cities especially. :D

Delete
<ShowInBrowser>AlwaysHidden</ShowInBrowser>
<EnabledByDefault>1</EnabledByDefault>
<EnabledAtStartup>1</EnabledAtStartup>
from modinfo!

Hi and thanks for the mod,
maybe you could help ...
as I want to use it direct with YNMAP mod, how would be the SQL Version ... I tried but couldn't figure out the correct code :)
Thanks

UPDATE UnitOperations SET Turns = '50' WHERE OperationTyp='UNITOPERATION_SPY_COUNTERSPY';

I changed this to 32 turns manually a couple weeks after release. But I'm glad this mod is out there to help people who don't like getting into the code. Unbelievable they, once again, have to have customers fix their game. It's so obvious much of the playtesting was AI vs AI, because the AIs don't complain when they have to reset the spies never-endingly (or the trade routes; building cues; projects never-endingly).

Top Bottom