[Complex] (6-29) Abode of Peace - Missionary Spread Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Current:
  • 1 :c5gold: Gold and :c5faith: Faith in Holy City for every 10 Followers of this Religion in Foreign Cities.
  • Minimum of 35 :c5influence: Influence in City States following this Religion.
  • +20% rewards in City State Quests.

Proposal: Abode of Peace - (in addition to the normal belief above), +100% pressure from missionaries spreading to a city state.

Rationale: I like the new AP but maintaining your religion on CS is actually quite tough, they tend to get bounced around by the AI hitting them up with missionaries. This can help keep them in line, and might actually make those late game "convert CS to my religion" quests more usable.

Complex Proposal: DLL + Database Changes

Last edited:
What if we move the double pressure to friendly CS from Orthodoxy to Abode of Peace?

What if we move the double pressure to friendly CS from Orthodoxy to Abode of Peace?
would need to give orthodoxy something, and honestly I don't think it would help much. double passive pressure isn't all that great unless the CS is in your back yard. And if you have to convert everything around the Cs to give it enough passive pressure to hold out....well we basically ignored the very reason to go abode of peace.

CurrentStalker0
  • 1 :c5gold: Gold and :c5faith: Faith in Holy City for every 10 Followers of this Religion in Foreign Cities.
  • +100% :c5faith: Religious Pressure from Missionaries spreading to a City-State.

I think it's ok. It compose well with the Influence ability, so you can be more active in that matter.

BTW, Is it "Abode" or "Adobe"?

Last edited:
Does the 35 minimum influence stack with Siam's UA and other bonuses?

Also, giving the boost only to active spread wouldn't benefit India.

would need to give orthodoxy something, and honestly I don't think it would help much. double passive pressure isn't all that great unless the CS is in your back yard. And if you have to convert everything around the Cs to give it enough passive pressure to hold out....well we basically ignored the very reason to go abode of peace.
why not just increase the % passive and spread range bonuses to compensate?

I think just moving the existing bonus sounds a lot better. India compatibility remains intact, and it's not new code.

why not just increase the % passive and spread range bonuses to compensate?

I think just moving the existing bonus sounds a lot better. India compatibility remains intact, and it's not new code.
unless you massively increase the passive bonus it wouldn't really do the job. most CS that aren't in yoru backdoor are surrounded by foreign pressure, it would take india level pressure to actually stem the tide in a meaningful way.

unless you massively increase the passive bonus it wouldn't really do the job. most CS that aren't in yoru backdoor are surrounded by foreign pressure, it would take india level pressure to actually stem the tide in a meaningful way.
… yeah? So massively increase it. Make it +100% passive pressure to city states, or even triple. Then bump the remaining pressure bonuses on orthodoxy by 5-10%

Use whatever number is necessary so that you don’t have to make new code and can have existing stuff get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom